Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
New leasing trend for whitetail >

New leasing trend for whitetail

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New leasing trend for whitetail

Old 12-20-2021, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Facebook leasing pages... Here's one from earlier today....

That's no longer "leasing" in my book. They're operating as an outfitter. Expect that loophole to get closed quickly.
Old 03-22-2022, 07:39 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
About ten years ago I started losing properties due to owners leasing them out. At first it was slowly but four years ago I had lost everything locally and all was being leased. Prices were anywhere from a couple dollars an acre to $50 an acre. With $30ish being pretty average for this area.

This season there seems to be a new trend. Many properties have done away with the season long leases and are doing weekly leases. Peak weeks are still bringing in $10-15 an acre. That's $1,500 for a 100 acre property. And they seem to be going QUICKLY. I won't say they sell out for the year... I don't know that. But I know peak archery dates, gun week and muzzleloader week all fill up quickly.

I certainly don't blame the landowners for making money. But I'm also saddened by what it seems that hunting is becoming.

Anybody else seeing the weekly lease thing popping up more often in their area?

-Jake
Really it's your sad story. Thank you so much for sharing and this will be an experience for whitetail!

Thanks so much!