Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Finally!!!!!

Old 11-07-2003, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default Finally!!!!!

Well I hope I finally broke my streak of luck this morning. I have been seeing plenty of deer , just no shots. I lost one with the bow due to rain and then had my second new bow stolen, so I was feeling unlucky.

Well I took a stand at the base of a huge White Oak, in a spot I had not hunted in a year or so. Its on the side of a swamp. In a period of a hour and 20 minutes I saw 17 deer, but no shots. They were everywhere, bucks, does and yearlings. I had to come into work this afternoon. So I was making my way out to my truck and to meet my dad and mom and see how there morning went when I had a medium bodied deer start comeing down the woods toward me.

After a few minutes of peek-a-boo in some blow downs left by the hurricane I see him come around the end of the blow down in front of me. He came trotting down it, got right in front of me and looked over and frooze! He had that OH-NO look , I put the crosshairs right behind his shoulder and he went to take off. I knocked him off his feet, he got up and ran about 30 yards and pilled up!!!

He has a unusual rack on him, he has a forkhorn on his left side thats about 10" and on his left he has a spike that comes out of his skull, goes down the side of his head then curves back up and comes up about half the height of his ear(makes a U shape).

I will try to post a pic, I did not have a camara with me so I will not have any field shots, and he has already been caped. I will take a close up of his head to show everyone the rack!!

I have a better feeling for the rest of the season now!! I wont be able to get out again until next wensday, but I should be out there from wed through sat!!

I have to say that the good thing about managing a warehouse is that the forklift is a life saver!! It makes processing a deer simply to easy!! LOL

Old 11-07-2003, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Finally!!!!!

I forgot to mention this was done with a muzzleloader... I am still wanting to take one this year with a bow!
Old 11-07-2003, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats sounds like a neat rack!!! cant wait to see him....good job....good luck the rest of the season
Old 11-09-2003, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats, can' t wait to see the pic.

Old 11-09-2003, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like a killer european mount. good shootin!!
Old 11-10-2003, 06:20 AM

good deal
Old 11-10-2003, 07:00 AM

good way to start out your work week/day--nice job, will be waiting for pics.congrats.