Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Canadian whitetail hunts

Old 08-20-2019, 10:55 AM
Spike

Default Canadian whitetail hunts

Anyone on here ever done a whitetail hunt with a Canadian outfitter? I am looking for recommendations and reviews. Thanks in advance!!
Old 08-20-2019, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

might want to add what part of canada you looking, its a BIG place and there is a TON of differences in places to hunt, types of hunts and COSTS to hunts
I have hunted Canada a few times more with outfitters in Alberta, but they all retired, so cannot suggest them!
and one is still active but doesn't really do deer, mostly , moose/ black bears and polar bears/muskox , but there premium prices for there hunts!, NOT bad, just need deep pockets to book with them IMO, and can get same hunts for less$$ else where LOL

I know of a few others in Alberta that are top shelf, but so are there prices and well, many are booked a few yrs out in advance with repeat customers>

come mid winter there are normally a LOT of sportsman like shows, that outfitters advertise at(the PA great outdoors man show is the largest in the USA, and has hundreds of Canadian out fitters there
it would be worth a pretty long drive if your looking to do a hunt that way and get face time with the actual people you will be hunting with

Might be worth stating what type of hunt your looking for too
woods, plains, over bait, archery, rifle? what area in Canada(providence)
eastern side of Canada is always cheaper, than say the Alberta/Saskatchewan
Manitoba will be lower NORMALLY
New Brunswick/Ontario can have reasonable prices, but many have lower odds,a nd can go days without seeing a deer very thick timber in many places there!
so maybe tell us mroe on your wishes?
Old 08-22-2019, 09:33 AM
Spike

It would be in Alberta of Saskatchewan, and rifle. I know those are typically the bigger deer and also the bigger price tag.

I can check out the trade shows. Always a good excuse for a road trip.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

have to ask, are you a resident of the USA< or Canada
as this matters
as there are some riles or used to be about NON residents of canada needing a guide, so,
I will gather many times a resident of Canada can work out a deal, maybe a NON resident cannot , pending where your living!

well most NOT ALL< hunts in Saskatchewan tend to be over bait, and some pending area(Alberta you can add a mule deer pretty cheap, making it w worth while idea to look into, as if your traveling far and dropping some coin, a few bucks more might get you two bucks, WT and MD!
MY last several trips there were like this!

but both Providences can have some rather different hunting types
from prairie's, to think forested tracks, to farm lands
so location will matter and might to you too, as tempos can vary on hunts
, same deal with set ups the outfitters use
if your looking for heated blinds,, spot and stalk, or even be driven around in vehicles till you see something and them spot and stalk it like
then there are simple drop off and leave you in spots, on the ground, , or simple NON heated stands and blinds
and again back to bait where legal!

what style of hunt you looking for>
WHEN are you looking for this hunt, as this matters, MANY GOOD outfitters will be booked solid for this yr and many for next as well

have you ever taken a hunt like this before
do you understand what all is involved and will add up in costs,
like taking rifle out of country if your in the USA and flying> what you need to fly with it, additional costs for added luggage going and COMING back(kill a deer and now you have more luggage cape and antlers and they don't ship free)
most outfitters prefer you to come a day early and stay a day late, on your dime, this way it ensures you get there and all your belongings!
DON"T laugh, my last two trips to alberta with me and a buddy, , once they shipped our guns to Texas, and once out luggage to Utah ,
we were able to get them in time as airlines made special arrangements to have things to us next day, but WOW what a mix up that could have been a big deal on a BIG hunt for us!
had we NOT gone a day early, would have been loosing two days of a 5-6 day hunt!!

SO< again, there are costs to things minus price tag of hunt(add in tip too)

just asking as don't know what your experience level is here, and can maybe add some info to things if you need them

as for a outfitter, again, I would hold back on recommending any, till I knew what type of hunt you wanted
I do know a few good one's, but again, there never cheap nor easy to get spot in them!
more you tell us, better we can help you!
Old 08-23-2019, 06:50 AM
Spike

I am a US citizen, and aware I will need a guide. Blinds or tree stand is just fine for me. I have never done a Canadian hunt before...just hunted in the Midwest USA. I am a few years out and I know the outfitters are booked pretty solid 1-2 years down the road. The cold doesn't bother me, as I prefer the cold over the heat. I fully expect to be around $6000 for a 5-6 day hunt, with prices going up every year....plus shipping/tips on the back end.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a friend that hits Sask every couple of years. Don't know who he goes with but he has taken some really big bucks there.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:05 AM
Spike

If you could get the outfitter's info, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 10-04-2019, 05:40 AM
Spike

What is the best color to wear when hunting whitetail deer in minnesota/canada? I am a new hunter and I am trying to get into it.
Thanks
Old 10-10-2019, 10:04 AM
Spike

New to forums here.. Question for those who have hunted or will be hunting Sask for whitetails - I am a non resident who recently made a connection with a landowner near Naicam who says I am more than welcome to come up and hunt whitetails. Is this legal for a non-resident? Everything I read online states non residents need a guide. I understand I have a ton of homework to do prior to a trip to hunt. Looking for the best places to find info to get my "ducks in a row" before I plan the trip. Thanks in advance for any information.