HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Canadian whitetail hunts
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 10:08 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

have to ask, are you a resident of the USA< or Canada
as this matters
as there are some riles or used to be about NON residents of canada needing a guide, so,
I will gather many times a resident of Canada can work out a deal, maybe a NON resident cannot , pending where your living!

well most NOT ALL< hunts in Saskatchewan tend to be over bait, and some pending area(Alberta you can add a mule deer pretty cheap, making it w worth while idea to look into, as if your traveling far and dropping some coin, a few bucks more might get you two bucks, WT and MD!
MY last several trips there were like this!

but both Providences can have some rather different hunting types
from prairie's, to think forested tracks, to farm lands
so location will matter and might to you too, as tempos can vary on hunts
, same deal with set ups the outfitters use
if your looking for heated blinds,, spot and stalk, or even be driven around in vehicles till you see something and them spot and stalk it like
then there are simple drop off and leave you in spots, on the ground, , or simple NON heated stands and blinds
and again back to bait where legal!

what style of hunt you looking for>
WHEN are you looking for this hunt, as this matters, MANY GOOD outfitters will be booked solid for this yr and many for next as well

have you ever taken a hunt like this before
do you understand what all is involved and will add up in costs,
like taking rifle out of country if your in the USA and flying> what you need to fly with it, additional costs for added luggage going and COMING back(kill a deer and now you have more luggage cape and antlers and they don't ship free)
most outfitters prefer you to come a day early and stay a day late, on your dime, this way it ensures you get there and all your belongings!
DON"T laugh, my last two trips to alberta with me and a buddy, , once they shipped our guns to Texas, and once out luggage to Utah ,
we were able to get them in time as airlines made special arrangements to have things to us next day, but WOW what a mix up that could have been a big deal on a BIG hunt for us!
had we NOT gone a day early, would have been loosing two days of a 5-6 day hunt!!

SO< again, there are costs to things minus price tag of hunt(add in tip too)

just asking as don't know what your experience level is here, and can maybe add some info to things if you need them

as for a outfitter, again, I would hold back on recommending any, till I knew what type of hunt you wanted
I do know a few good one's, but again, there never cheap nor easy to get spot in them!
more you tell us, better we can help you!