Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

LOST 8PT GONE IT SUCKS

Old 11-04-2003, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: LOST 8PT GONE IT SUCKS

Why would you have a winking smiley face on your post intitled lost 8 point gone it sucks? What am i missing here? So if you wound one in muzzleloader season you will have wounded one in every season this year.
What happened to " put me in any hunting situation I will strike fast and get the job done" or how ever you said it???? Maybe spend a little more time practicing and a little less time writing posts on the deer you wounded you would be a better shot. JMO
Old 11-04-2003, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

it happens to the best of us. thats why its called hunting and not killin'
Old 11-04-2003, 07:56 PM

BUCK EYE BUCK ,WHO CARES ABOUT THE SMILEY FACE, PUT IN THE WRONG ONE,IT WAS NOT MUZZLELOADER SEASON,RIFLE SEASON,THINGS IN LIFE DO NOT HAPPEN LIKE IT IS SUPPOSED TO, LIKE THE SHOT ,AIMED WHERE I WAS SUPPOSED TO AND WHAT HAPPENS BLOOD CLOGS NO MORE BLOOD, SEARCHED ALONG TIME FOR THIS DEER I AM SICK THAT I LOST THIS DEER,I PRACTICE AND PRACTICE SHOOTING MY RIFLE. THAT LITTLE, SAYING PUT ME IN ANY HUNTING SITUTION AND I WILL STRIKE FAST AND GET THE JOB DONE.DID NOT HAPPEN THIS TIME, AS A HUNTER YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE SOME,BUT SOME HUNTERS HAVE NEVER LOST A SINGLE DEER YET. I GUESS I JUST SUCK AT DEER HUNTING AND EVERYTHING I DO.BUT I WILL BE BACK OUT IN THE WOODS AGAIN .

GO DEEP HUNT HARD.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

What I was refering to when I said muzzleloader season is.... If you were to also wound one in muzzleloader season then you would have wounded one in every season. Example being 4 point in archery, 8 point in rifle. When I reread my post I may have sounded ignorant. I did not intend to come across like an a$$. I just wasn' t feeling the smiley face winking about a most likely mortally wounded deer. Good luck for the rest of the season and beyond.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:13 PM

Bobcat,

I am too sorry to hear you of your loss. But, I hunt with a 243 browning and normally all the time use 100gr. soft points.

You mentioned that the deer was 15yrd when you nailed it in the shoulder. Man, that deer should have been found.

I bet you it is there and laid down not to far from where you shot it. I would go back and check. I took one last year and lost the blood trail.

The deer (a 6pt.) jumped off the trail about 15ft and died only 85 yard from where I shoot it. If I had not got some help I may have not found it.

Check again. That deer last year that I took was about 95yrd. away and is was for the most part in the shoulder area. But, it nail him and literally blew his heat out.

Good luck...
Old 11-04-2003, 08:28 PM

JRED I SHOOT BROWNING LEVER ACTION 243 100 GRAIN POWER POINT.

I TRACK THAT DEER ALONG WAYS WITH LOTS OF BLOOD AND THEN IT WAS JUST LIKE IT VANISHED,I GOT ON MY KNEES TO TRY TO FIND THE BLOOD, I HAD 4 FRIENDS HELPING ME AND MY DOG.

GO DEEP HUNT HARD.