Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Tips?

Old 07-12-2022, 11:19 PM
Spike

New here, I'm Wilson,I love winter outdoors sports but I always get cold regardless of the weather and it was important for me to get nice heated gear in winter.I purchased the Dr.warm Heated gloves, I wear it when I ski or motorcycle, I love them,if you are intersted please google and don't message me. I hope this is helpful to you.
Old 08-23-2023, 03:54 AM
Spike

Default Bow hunting Tips for Whitetail from Treestands

Here are some tips to consider when bow hunting for Whitetail from tree stands:
  1. Scouting: Scout the area to find where deer are active. Look for signs such as tracks, droppings, and rubs on trees. Identify food sources, bedding areas, and travel paths. Set up your stand in an area where you have a good view of deer activity.
  2. Stand Placement: The height of your tree stand can vary depending on the situation and the surrounding foliage. A general rule of thumb is to place your stand between 15 and 25 feet high. Any lower than 15 feet and you begin to lose the advantages of hunting from a tree stand like staying above a deer’s line of sight. Any higher than 25 feet and you start to have major problems with your shot angle.
  3. Scent Control: Wind direction is an important factor to consider when placing your stand. Try to set up your stand downwind of where you expect deer to be. Use scent control products and wear scent-free clothing to minimize your scent.
  4. After the Shot: The amount of time you should wait before tracking a shot deer depends on where the deer was hit. A general rule of thumb for bowhunters is to wait at least 30 minutes before picking up the blood trail. However, if you saw the deer go down and it’s still in sight, you can recover it right away.
I hope these tips are helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there’s anything else I can help with.
Old 08-25-2023, 12:42 PM
Spike

From my experience,
1. Put up a ladder stand
2. (If legal in your area), put bait or a deer feeder near your stand (within bow range)
3. Use calls, I like to use the little Primos Doe Bleat Can.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-25-2023, 03:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Before you hunt you need to know what deer do, where they live and where they travel.All the other answers in this thread talk about what to do after you learn how to,read deer and deer sign. Spend time in the woods outside of deer sign, learn to read deer trails, look for places where trails converge and look for pinch points where several trails come together and look for good placs to put a stand to take advantage of that spot. There are no instantthings to do, to make you successful. Youn earn success by spending time in the areas youn plan to hunt and learning those areas. There arer no shortcuts, burn boot leather, look, observe and learn. In addition, there are no best ways to hunt, it all, depends on where you are hunting. The bottom line is, if you want to be successful, you earn it!
Old 08-30-2023, 08:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

How many whitetail deer are there in India??????
Old 08-30-2023, 03:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
How many whitetail deer are there in India??????
Now that’s an awesome question!!
Old 12-06-2023, 06:48 PM
Spike

Có bao nhiêu con hươu đuôi trắng ở Ấn Độ ??????