Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Mock Scrapes

Old 10-29-2003, 11:10 AM

Default Mock Scrapes

Do these really work??? I hunt in SW Ohio and last Saturday night I saw 2 NICE rubs and 2 nice scrapes. They were about 300 yards from my stand. My question is can I make mock scrapes closer to my stand, or should I move it. The weather forcast is for warm weather, so I don' t know if it will be worth it or not. The reason I say this is if if is warm, the majority of rutting activity will take place at night. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Mock Scrapes

Try putting ' doe in heat' scent in the scrapes that are already there. You don' t want your stand too close to the scrape. Keep doing this til you kill the buck.
The buck will check the scrape at night (usually) until he learns that the " doe" is coming by during the day.

Good luck.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mock Scrapes

Come on over to the " T.R' s Tips" message board. I' ve got lots of posts and " tips" on hunting scrapes over there, you should find what you need.

I might move my stand, ' cause the rubs and scrapes tell you where the bucks are, depending on what type of cover there is.

T.R.