Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunters born or made??????

Old 10-27-2003, 09:27 AM

Default RE: Hunters born or made??????

I believe they are made.

You' ve all heard the saying " you' re a product of your enviroment" .

Old 10-27-2003, 10:54 AM

There' s no doubt that hunting is in my blood. I remember when I was 4, my father had a moose permit and I was up an hour before everyone and ready to go with them. I threw a huge fit when I couldn' t go.

Years later, when I finally did get to go hunting, I took to it naturally. Some people have natural woods skills or " instinct" that is bred into them. Everyone has to learn, but to some I think it comes more naturally than others.

I consider myself a born hunter.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I might have to say a lot of it is born. There are guys that hunt for 10, 20, 30 or even more than 40 years and never get a buck. I got a buddy into hunting and he got 4 deer in his first 5 years of hunting. You always see the guy in the news paper " After 49 years of hunting, Joe Schmoe finally got his first buck" . I' ll say one thing, I' ll give a guy like that credit for sticking with it for all those years of no success.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 10-27-2003, 12:29 PM

Hunting success isn' t all about the kill. Those guys going 49 years without taking a buck could probably tell you that. Conversely, those guys probably aren' t really " Hunters" either, rather they enjoy the social aspects of the hunting sport.

Me, I think I was born a hunter. No one in my immediate family hunted, but my neighbors and uncles did. I was always facinated by it and taught myself when I became an adult.

Old 10-27-2003, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

i think your born to be a hunter......a true hunter....i mean you can make yourself into a " weekend warrior" as i call them...the guys that hunt weekends once in a while and opening day and such...but if your not a hunter from a young age chances are your probally not going to love it and be a die hard...cold wet rain snow if you have a day to hunt your still out there.....theres days i can sit in freezing rain for hours on end and still come out of the woods with a smile on my face.....theres never been a day i never come out of the woods smiling.....it just does something special for me....without it thered be nothing for me....i still think i was born with a gun and a fishing rod in my hands...it can be freezing outside and i still want to fish....my dad always jokes about that......we go deer hunting up the mountains and he says my fishing rod isnt coming lol....i been hunting and fishing since i could...theres pics of me and my fish and im still in diapers....sure dad had to help alot...but i was still doing it and loving it....and i was following dad to hang stands...scout and small game hunt since i could walk.....then coon hunting came along since i was 6 or 7....then i turned 12 and i could go along...and actually hunt....now my days off work im usually in the woods....or like today im sick and dont want to make it worse for fall turkey coming up so i stayed in.....i love it......theres nothing else i rather do......i think your born a diehard....but you can be made into a hunter but i see alot of kids starting when there 15 16 and older..just because all of us sit around and tell stories and hunt together and things and they want to be like us....but i dont think they get the peace and quiet...relaxation and everything else i get from hunting....they just like to kill and be with the guys.....
Old 10-27-2003, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mauser, I' m glad your a die hard hunter But I don' t agree with you when you say people that start hunting when they' re 15 or 16 only do it for the kill. Thats completely not true. I' m 16 and only started last year. I go out every chance I get, no matter what the weather is like. Sure, its nice to get a kill, but I can be just as happy leaving the woods empty handed. Unlike what you said, I definetly enjoy the peace and quiet from being out in the woods, usually all alone. [:-]
Old 10-27-2003, 02:15 PM

I was born a meat eater...hence I was born a hunter.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:25 PM

I think it is either natural to you or you can learn it. Humane Beings are predators just like coyote' s,Bobcat' s,Bear etc.. But of course we also are diffrent. Today alot of people are sissyfied, dont like to get dirty or oooh thats nasty, alot of them are politicians that are to the " left" . These ooh thats nasty people will ruin the U.S. of A.

It' s also like sports, you got natural players that can do it pretty easy then you got guy' s trying as hard as they can and still not make it.

Troy

Old 10-27-2003, 05:50 PM

I think you are born a hunter and made a good hunter by mistakes.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:08 PM
sse

I' ve met a few who seem to have a wicked hunting sense and have success no matter what they hunt. I suppose in that vein they were born that way. But, with dedication it really isn' t that tough to bone up and become very good. I thnik most of all it takes being in the woods gaining the two track time.

Regards, sse

Quick Reply: Hunters born or made??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.