Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
This is how we raise them in Lancaster Co PA >

This is how we raise them in Lancaster Co PA

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This is how we raise them in Lancaster Co PA

Old 12-25-2016, 04:50 PM
Banned

my point is ,why pass new laws that are as unenforceable as the laws against poaching that are already in place. sure you catch one here and there . but passing new laws does absolutely nothing to discourage those who already proven they have zero respect for the ones already in place. the entire purpose of these type laws is to control and incriminate those who are honest hunters.

which is why ,I compare those that call for such laws to those that would make all firearms illegal.

and also why I stated ,"I am grateful to still live in a state that has yet to be overrun with such ,brain dead individuals."
we do have some here but for the time being they are still enough of a minority that they wield very little power. though ,I have little doubt that will change within the next twenty or so ,years.
IT IS my greatest desire to have met my demise before we we get to that point.It is actually my greatest wish for all outdoorsmen be granted that mercy.
Old 12-25-2016, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by kidoggy
my point is ,why pass new laws that are as unenforceable as the laws against poaching that are already in place. sure you catch one here and there . but passing new laws does absolutely nothing to discourage those who already proven they have zero respect for the ones already in place. the entire purpose of these type laws is to control and incriminate those who are honest hunters.

which is why ,I compare those that call for such laws to those that would make all firearms illegal.

and also why I stated ,"I am grateful to still live in a state that has yet to be overrun with such ,brain dead individuals."
we do have some here but for the time being they are still enough of a minority that they wield very little power. though ,I have little doubt that will change within the next twenty or so ,years.
IT IS my greatest desire to have met my demise before we we get to that point.It is actually my greatest wish for all outdoorsmen be granted that mercy.

That is really a very incorrect assessment of why laws of any sort are on the books!
Old 12-25-2016, 05:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
That is really a very incorrect assessment of why laws of any sort are on the books!
PERHAPS AN INCORRECT ASSESMENT OF WHY SOME LAWS ARE ON THE BOOKS.
COMPLETLY ACCURATE assessment of why MOST laws are on the books.
Old 12-25-2016, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Boca, the law says the entire carcass must be surrendered in order to get a replacement tag. Merry Christmas

Just to clarify, that includes the head/antlers correct? He called me when they told him he had to give up the antlers to see what he should do, and since there was only one day left, and it was his biggest buck I advised him to keep it. He already had two doe, and his dad had a buck and doe. He'll be disappointed if he was given bad information/misunderstood the information given and he could have been reissued a tag and kept the antlers as well.
-Jake
Old 12-26-2016, 04:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is correct Boca, it includes the head and antlers.
Old 12-26-2016, 04:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is correct Boca, it includes the head and antlers. He was given the right information.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the clarification OT.
-Jake
Old 12-27-2016, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

Shame on that sorry game warden and the state that backs him, stealing from a hunter who should have had every right to keep the wrotting carcass he found .and to think he gets paid to for that, and you wonder why people can't trust the government, this just proves it. They should have to get real jobs
Old 12-28-2016, 04:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Who says the guy had a right to the head of the deer? You? I think not, like everywhere, the law dictates that. As far as him getting a real job, it is more of a job than most can obtain or handle. There is no shame in doing what you are supposed to do.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 12-28-2016 at 04:26 AM.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:33 AM
Banned

I agree , that state has silly laws on the books, but it is the right of those in the state to make those silly laws ,if they so desire.
EVEN GAME WARDENS ARE OFTEN AT ODDS WITH THE LAWS THEY MUST ENFORCE.to say they need to get a real job is a wee harsh and unfair.

EITHER WE ARE A nation of laws or we are not.
there is nothing wrong with disagreeing with a law and working to get it changed. it is however all together wrong to simply break it because you don't agree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.