Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
This is how we raise them in Lancaster Co PA >

This is how we raise them in Lancaster Co PA

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This is how we raise them in Lancaster Co PA

Old 12-28-2016, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by blessed n born to hunt
Shame on that sorry game warden and the state that backs him, stealing from a hunter who should have had every right to keep the wrotting carcass he found .and to think he gets paid to for that, and you wonder why people can't trust the government, this just proves it. They should have to get real jobs
You obviously have no idea why a lot of states have that "no dead head collecting" unless you go through the hoops in the law! FYI they are there to lessen people killing animals illegally and then trying to pass them off as killed by vehicles, died of old age, etc. It's a good law and they didn't steal anything from him because he violated the law and had no business with it. You also have no idea how difficult the job of most LE Officers is nowadays, especially because of people with your incorrect outlook on things!
Old 12-28-2016, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
In my opinion it punishes legal people because of a few illegal people. I can't keep a skull I find, because somebody, somewhere, poaches deer and keeps them.

A buddy of mine shot a nice 8 point on the second to last day of the rifle season this year... It was full of puss on it's shoulder and back. So he called the game comission, because they will re issue tags... They told him they would reissue a tag but he had to surrender the entire deer, head included. Because it was the second to last day, and it was the biggest buck he ever shot, he chose to keep it.
-Jake
Jake, most laws would fall under that comment of yours because it's the minority of people doing stuff they shouldn't that causes the rest of us to have to live with a lot of laws that seem goofy. This is one of them that seems so, but it has a definite reason for being on the books.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Jake, most laws would fall under that comment of yours because it's the minority of people doing stuff they shouldn't that causes the rest of us to have to live with a lot of laws that seem goofy. This is one of them that seems so, but it has a definite reason for being on the books.
So where do we draw the line? Because that is the exact same concept as outlawing guns because some people are criminals.

I do get your point and it is valid but where is the line drawn?

I mean now IL is telling me I can't warm up my truck before I take my daughter to school because some people steal trucks.....Is that crossing the line? I think it is and I will not follow that law.

That is not a law for the people....it is politicians that are supposed to represent the people enacting a law against the will of the people because insurance companies paid them off.

Last edited by rockport; 12-28-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

To make it a simple answer to your question rockport, IMHO it would be when the majority of the people are being affected more negatively than positively and I think that law you mentioned may well be over the line. I have the remote start on my new Silverado I bought in late May and I doubt that I"ll ever use the feature. It would seem simple enough to have that law say that the vehicle must be locked if it's running and nobody is in it to prevent theft, but I haven't read it and have no idea what it says. If they didn't make the law such that you are only in violation if the vehicle is running when unlocked with nobody in it, then you may want to get with your politicians and see if it can be rewritten to that effect since I do understand why they passed it and, sure, it was to benefit the insurance companies, but that also keeps everyone's premiums lower too because it cuts down on theft!
Old 12-28-2016, 10:59 AM
Typical Buck

We have a law here for many years that you can't let your car idle for more than 5 minutes !! Thats suppose to protect the polar bears ! We also have one that you can't leave your keys in your vehicle thats suppose to stop the car thieves !!
Old 12-28-2016, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

To make it a simple answer to your question rockport, IMHO it would be when the majority of the people are being affected more negatively than positively and I think that law you mentioned may well be over the line. I have the remote start on my new Silverado I bought in late May and I doubt that I"ll ever use the feature. It would seem simple enough to have that law say that the vehicle must be locked if it's running and nobody is in it to prevent theft, but I haven't read it and have no idea what it says. If they didn't make the law such that you are only in violation if the vehicle is running when unlocked with nobody in it, then you may want to get with your politicians and see if it can be rewritten to that effect since I do understand why they passed it and, sure, it was to benefit the insurance companies, but that also keeps everyone's premiums lower too because it cuts down on theft!
Remote start is actually allowed. I put one on my wifes SUV but not my truck and I'm not going to either.

The problem is Chicago.....if they want laws then by all means make them for Chicago if they make sense but they don't make sense where I come from. The other 90% of IL has no voice
Old 12-28-2016, 11:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Don't worry Rockport, if things keep going in Chicago the way they have been going, there won't be anyone left alive to steal cars. What was the number murdered over Christmas, 38?
Old 12-28-2016, 11:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Timbrhuntr
We have a law here for many years that you can't let your car idle for more than 5 minutes !! Thats suppose to protect the polar bears ! We also have one that you can't leave your keys in your vehicle thats suppose to stop the car thieves !!

What liberal paradise would that be in?
Old 12-28-2016, 05:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Timbrhuntr
you know what stops car theives? removing their heads from their bodies.
now there's a law ,I can get on board with.
Old 12-28-2016, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

That's why we have Officer Discretion... Although when you spread it around Facebook and publicly online it kinda puts the officer in a bind.
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.