Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Number 90

Old 11-11-2016, 02:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
Deer of various species. I've taken a total of 90 whitetails, mulies and blacktails combined. On top of that I've taken 25 elk, 14 pronghorn, 2 blackbear, a bighorn sheep, a mountain goat, 5 bison, 3 alligators and lord knows how many hogs. Also did 5 safaris to Africa. I started keeping a hunting journal when I was 15 years old with dates, times, companions, locations, weather, weapon etc...
I look back and wish I had done that. I've not taken any big game besides deer, but its been alot. Prob pushing 150 now. Well Turkeys, but I don't really consider them big game. I too have lost track of many many of them. I do have real clear recall of all the memorable ones. Would be nice to go back and be able to read where when with who, etc. Nice work Flags
Old 11-11-2016, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats!!
Old 11-12-2016, 12:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats Flags on 90.
I think it would have been neat to keep a journal of my deer, all being whitetails. All but the two I killed in the Llano County hill country have been locals between Arkansas and Texas. I've kept a mental recollection of my deer, but at 20 deer my memory started to get a little fuzzy. I shot this buck yesterday morning at 11:30. This one is either 25 or 26 for me. Every time I add them up I still think I am missing one.

This is my grandson. He is 11. His dad and I are trying hard to help him get his first.

" />

C. Davis

Last edited by C. Davis; 11-13-2016 at 11:25 AM.