Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Screwed up for life

Old 10-04-2016, 06:31 PM
Spike

Default oh my

Originally Posted by hookeye
Marriage never affected deer season.
Maybe why I'm no longer married.

I owe the deer a big thanks!
does hunting season really affect relationships? should i reconsider this hobby?
Old 10-04-2016, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man some of you fellas picked the wrong women! Mine can't wait for hunting season to open! She gets rid of my big butt for weeks at a time! This past 2 years since I got busted up, I don't know who is madder about me not being able to get out there like I usually do. Me for not being able, or her for me not getting out of her hair!

huntlikeagirl, If it affects your relationship, then you are in a relationship with the wrong person! Plain and simple. Your significant other should accept who you are with absolute certainty. Took me 2.5 decades to figure out that one simple little truth to end my first marriage. This one is 20 years into bliss and I wouldn't trade my little spit fire for 100000000 women. She doesn't hunt often with me but she does shoot both firearms and archery with me constantly.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:49 PM
Spike

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Man some of you fellas picked the wrong women! Mine can't wait for hunting season to open! She gets rid of my big butt for weeks at a time! This past 2 years since I got busted up, I don't know who is madder about me not being able to get out there like I usually do. Me for not being able, or her for me not getting out of her hair!

huntlikeagirl, If it affects your relationship, then you are in a relationship with the wrong person! Plain and simple. Your significant other should accept who you are with absolute certainty. Took me 2.5 decades to figure out that one simple little truth to end my first marriage. This one is 20 years into bliss and I wouldn't trade my little spit fire for 100000000 women. She doesn't hunt often with me but she does shoot both firearms and archery with me constantly.
I hear you! It is awesome that your wife shoots with you! I think venturing out on my own for a little bit hunting will be fun... I might just let my significant other come along at some point!
Old 10-05-2016, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

If you SHOP correctly for a partner all is good for life.
One thing you make sure to do before tying the knot is, summer time take them fishing several times and places like a trout stream, small lake big (great)lake and drag a canoe back in the woods to a beaver dam. Fall take them hunting or if they don't want to hunt go hunting and see if they wait for you to return. If they don't you have lost nothing.

Also bring a hunk of meat in and put it on the counter to prepare to cook, if your told to get that nasty stuff off the counter and out of the house pack your gear too and run as fast as you can.

There are other stuff to check out when SHOPPING for a life mate but this isn't the place for it.

Al
Old 10-05-2016, 04:26 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

Originally Posted by huntlikeagirl
does hunting season really affect relationships? should i reconsider this hobby?
Like some of the guys are saying. You have to make sure you share the same interests. Because of circumstances, my mother was unable to arrange a marriage for me. So she told me I would have to do it myself, but that I had to do it the way she would have. The first thing to look for is compatibility. If you both are compatible, then sharing time together, comes love. And then, eventually comes the physical part, which is very important but not how you start out.

Lots of guys would be very happy to have a mate who hunts and fishes. My husband doesn't even mind that I'm a better shot than he is.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by alleyyooper
If you SHOP correctly for a partner all is good for life.
One thing you make sure to do before tying the knot is, summer time take them fishing several times and places like a trout stream, small lake big (great)lake and drag a canoe back in the woods to a beaver dam. Fall take them hunting or if they don't want to hunt go hunting and see if they wait for you to return. If they don't you have lost nothing.

Also bring a hunk of meat in and put it on the counter to prepare to cook, if your told to get that nasty stuff off the counter and out of the house pack your gear too and run as fast as you can.

There are other stuff to check out when SHOPPING for a life mate but this isn't the place for it.

Al
I heard of SHOPPING for clothes and food and such, but never quite heard the term SHOPPING for a mate, so maybe that's what I have been doing wrong all these years lol.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

Run up any debt on the shopping sprees, huntlikeagirl?? haha
Old 10-06-2016, 12:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Dateing should be just like shopping. You shop because of need, need to not be alone so you shop for a mate. But remember you can't just return a mate, a whole lot of legal crap involved.

All the right questions should be asked early on during the shopping spree. Do you hunt and fish, have a problem with it? How about guns feel ok around them? and do you cook and eat wild game and fish?
Can I have a hunting dog or two or four.

Al
Old 10-06-2016, 02:11 AM
Fork Horn

I had a girlfriend thats birthday is Nov 15. That didn't last long, as that is the exact date that we plan to be in Maine for our 10 day deer hunt.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I proposed, I factored hunting seasons into selecting the date. Our birthdays are 10days apart in July so we got married between the birthdays.
I have a friend that "planned" his first kid according to deer season. It worked once, but not the 2 other times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.