Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Screwed up for life

Old 09-24-2016, 02:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Married to cover two female holidays, valentines day and our annaveresy.
I shopped well for my wife.
My wife has went to deer camp with me when friends couldn't.
My wife has bought me rifles and shot guns.
My wife shoots clays with me some times.
My wife fishes with me.
My wife got me a hunting pup.
My wife only owns 2 pair of shoes, a pair of knee boots.
My wife does not own a tube of lip stick even let alone all that other crap. She has never needed it.

On a summer trip searching for a deer camp property.

My wife and kids summer 1992 at deer camp.

On the beach at deer camp 1993.

My wife and new pup Stormy.

Al
Old 09-24-2016, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had to adjust the dates on a caribou hunt once because me niece planned her wedding then. Going to hunt Iowa next year the first week of November. My buddy has his anniversary during that week. I said I would send him pictures. He said he would make it work
Old 09-26-2016, 03:53 AM
Spike

Thank God I told my wife before we got married, I leave to go deer hunting in October and not to plan anything for me do. I am now retired and going to leave in 2 days for 6 weeks of bowhunting. If I get it done before the 6 weeks, I go home. She has been very good about my hunting and buying archery stuff and guns. I primarily bow hunted through our marriage so far.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

I'm single and free, so I don't have to deal with that issue yet.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:30 PM
Spike

My wife, hunts, fishes , and rides harleys with me. I take her along and we've been together 27 years. She is my best friend and most loyal partner in crime. Been together since we 19 and I was in the Marines.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

Not a problem for me....my wife is awesome when it comes to my hunting...she should be....my youngest son hunts with me...she has free time to herself!!
Old 10-03-2016, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had no choice, I worked for Winchester at the time and until you were there 10 years your vacation was set for you on what happened to be Illinois gun season so I had to get married on my vacation. No worries though as my wife knew who she was marrying.

We find it makes no difference if you celebrate anniversaries a week late or early.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ZZredfish1
30 years ago I met a woman who convinced me to marry her. I made the life-long foolish decision to get married...on November 5, the traditional deer opener in Texas.

Half my family couldn't make it (run leases and expected to be there for pre-opening dinner at the lease) and forget about anniversaries.

I love my wife almost as much as my truck and she's been understanding over the years but has anyone else screwed up like this?
Maybe you could tell her that November is hurricane season for Caribbean cruises and is the wrong time of year for Hawaii also. There should be some room to negotiate.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by hookeye
Marriage never affected deer season.
Maybe why I'm no longer married.

I owe the deer a big thanks!
Hahaha! My goal is always to get a woman I am involved with into the outdoors so that she can go up her own tree and not run the risk of getting busted having two people in one set up. But I'm right there with ya on the divorce. It's a lot easier only having to worry about myself going hunting, but always nice to have another set of hands available for the processing and preservation. BB
Old 10-04-2016, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I made sure to get Married in September....was definitely not going to mess up Deer Season or have my Buddies not attend the Wedding because they were Hunting.Any time I see some poor Guy getting Married close to Deer Season I feel sorry for Them thinking about all the years to come that will end up in an argument about the Husband being out Deer Hunting.

I've noticed a trend of more Women going out Hunting with thier Partner which is a good thing and the future Wife is more understanding when the Husband is out Hunting and sometimes is just as thrilled to be out Hunting also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.