Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting keeps going...

Old 03-19-2015, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunting keeps going...

Down and Down !!!

Hunters keep looking for those game app stores. Let them find out that you can't hunt and play app games on an iphone, at the same time. But let them learn the hard way.

And to think I hunt and don't even own a iphone.

I wonder if those deer established an iphone apps store? Go deer!!!!

Last edited by Valentine; 03-19-2015 at 04:01 AM.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I get by with a plain old cell phone. It does all I need a phone to do: Allows me to make and receive calls. I refuse to get anything else. Matter of fact the only reason I even have a cell phone is to keep the wife happy so if something happens while I'm in the field I can call someone. If I wasn't married I wouldn't own one. When I go hunting the phone stays in the glove box of the truck!
Old 03-19-2015, 04:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here is another non iphone owner. In fact, most of the time the only time my cell phone is on is when I want to use it. I carry it n my posket when hunting in case of an emergency. If one of the few who have my cell # calls me they will get voice mail and if they leave voice mail, it could well be days until I see it. I ust do not understand people who go hunting and atch a screen plaing games instead of watching what is going on around them. It seems the whole world is walking around with their heads tilted downward. ipads, iphones are a main reason for the demise of manners toward other other people. Just watch groups of people sometime and see how many times some in the group check ther phones or answer a text from someone while in a conversation with others. Just plain rudeness, it like saying, wait a minute, there is someone on my phone more important than you to those in the group.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:39 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

No iphone here either. But we have a single emergency cell phone that can only make calls from home if we are on the roof of our house! The art of silently waiting has been lost I think. I confess I have brought a book hunting though.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I thought I was the only dinosaur... No I phone or any other kind of "smart Phone". Just don't have a need for it.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

To me it is a little selfish to leave your phone in the truck when hunting if you have a family.

My phone gets used for hunting for 1. Wind and weather 2. To give my family piece of mind when I'm gone for 2-3 days they can contact me if they need/want to.

While hunting I don't remember my cell phone ever even crossing my mind but it is in my pocket. I damn sure don't think about what other hunters are doing with their cell phones because I couldn't care less.

Last edited by rockport; 03-19-2015 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one, but I'll check it when I am alone. There isn't anything that important that I need to interrupt what I am doing to see what made it squawk. Hunting, it is shut off. I see lots of people texting while driving and walking looking at the phone and tripping over whatever is in their path.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

No Smart phone here either. I carry one of those old dumb phones. My brother in law had a heart attack and died but they were able to bring him back and do a triple by pass. He has been allowed to hunt as long as he can get help to get a deer out of the woods. Since he likes to hunt I am not going to be the one who will not go help him out.
Is also nice to have on a slow day to call my daughter and talk her ears off.

Al
Old 03-19-2015, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know the spot i'll be hunting next year will have no cell reception. I can see carrying one if you hunt alone in case of an emergency. But I hunted long B4 cell phones were even thought of and got along fine
Old 03-20-2015, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I only have an old cell phone and it's never on unless I want to make a long distance call under the cheap plan we have for our cell phones. We haven't made a long distance call on our land line in years. I do take it with me when I'm hunting just in case of an emergency and when I'm out on my two month trip to Wyoming if I have coverage I try to call home every night to let Mama know everything is okay and to make sure everything is okay here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.