Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting keeps going...

Old 03-25-2015, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
I was in the woods before push-button phones were even popular (yes I'm an old fart )

Basically I just let people know the general area that I was going to be hunting in (still do that) and carried a basic e-kit that consisted of water, fire kit, a little food, and that was pretty much it.

I really don't believe the original poster was trying to say that cell phones in the woods are a bad thing, I think what he was trying to get across was what these people are actually doing in the woods with these (smart) phones such as texting, playing vid games, and all the other things that takes their attention away from the actual hunt. Yes sitting still in a blind or a stand CAN be boring at times but if you actually let go and put every one of your senses to use while sitting there, you may find that the natural world can offer MUCH more REAL entertainment than any computer could ever deliver. I can't count how many times I have sat there giggling like a crazy person watching a couple of squirrels chase each other and wrestle around and while watching the ruckus a majestic white-tail just appear as if by magic. If my head had been in a (smart) phone, I would not have seen it since with all the noise them little buggers were making I'd never have heard it approaching.

I personally don't hunt for the "kill", but I hunt to be out in nature and enjoy all the beauty of our world that is rapidly going away.
I don't know if Ive ever been bored in a deer stand. If nothing is going on I'm imagining what is going to happen next and enjoying the peace.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE=Topgun 3006;4191374]
Originally Posted by super_hunt54
I .[/B][/QUOTE

Too bad there aren't a lot more of us out there with that philosophy!

Don't Get me wrong Topper, About the only thing I love more than a fine Venison roast is my infamous Rabbit stew so yes I'll take the shot in the blink of an eye! Was just saying that that's not ALL it's about
Old 03-25-2015, 01:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Many of us understood exactly what you meant!