Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Don't spend $300 on a hunting cooler >

Don't spend $300 on a hunting cooler

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Don't spend $300 on a hunting cooler

Old 10-13-2014, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default Don't spend $300 on a hunting cooler

I don't..

I thought of this because I do a lot of boondock camping while I deer hunt..My camper has a propane fridge but it's fairly inefficient, and I would rather use my propane for heat..

I take two large coolers one for ice and one for food.. I get tired of constantly draining water of my food cooler to keep it from floating in water..

Well I found a video of a guy building a cooler just like I imagined..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjh6RDTgMuQ
Old 10-13-2014, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

The guy that owns the land I hunt uses Yukon coolers which are pretty much just like yeti. I can't believe how much they cost so I ask him if they were worth it and he said for his purpose yes. His purpose is keeping stuff cool and bouncing around in the back of farm trucks. The bouncing around in the back of farm trucks was his sticking point. He said he was spending just as much or more replacing the cheaper coolers as he did on the Yukon cooler that holds up to the farm trucks.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

Pretty cool. I built one awhile back with the spray in foam you can get from Home Depot/Lowe's. I had to install some cast in order for the foam to cure correctly. It works great. Used the money I save to buy a new gun….
Old 10-15-2014, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

here are two I did for my 3 to 4 day trips or just a weekend

foam siliconed in all seems siliconed and then coated with plastidip spray..

YETI the redneck way...lol
Attached Thumbnails Don't spend 0 on a hunting cooler-downsized_1015141629.jpg   Don't spend 0 on a hunting cooler-downsized_1015141629a.jpg