Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Non-typical City monster!

Old 01-17-2014, 10:14 PM
Spike

Default Non-typical City monster!

My buddy at work sent these trail cam pic's to me Wednesday so I thought I would share this with yall.

His aunt lives in the middle of the city(Warren, MI. at 14mile and Van Dyke area) and she has been watching this non-typical monster buck for the past few years. I almost started to cry when he told me where these pictures were taken(no hunting in the city limits) Last year they caught a guy dragging a buck out of the area, and according to my buddy, that person lost the right to hunt in the state of Michigan(possibly US?) for life and was hit with some jail time and an $80,000 fine?(don't know how truthful that is). I will try to get some of the pics from last year to show yall the difference in this big boy. There is also another monster 10 point running around there too that is also attached. I also noticed another smaller buck that I wanted to see what you guys thought. I think that it might be an offspring of the non-typical. What are your guys thoughts?

We are going over there tomorrow to set up a shed net(Going to run fishing line over the bait that she has out) Hope fully we will get them! Anyone have any hints or tricks to setting up shed traps? If we end up spotting him after they drop, hopefully wont be to hard to find them since there is not a huge area for them to hide. I'll make sure to keep yall updated!
Attached Thumbnails Non-typical City monster!-big-buck4.jpg   Non-typical City monster!-big-buck2.jpg   Non-typical City monster!-big-buck1.jpg   Non-typical City monster!-10-point.jpg   Non-typical City monster!-offspring.jpg  

Old 01-18-2014, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bucks. I actually like the typical 10 pointer better, but both would be my best.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bucks fo sho. Neither would make the NY State Big Buck Club, now. Next year, very probable.

Got to love those buck that learn early in their lives that back yards,literally, are the ticket to long life. Quite often they meet their demise in an unethical manner.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quite often they meet their demise in an unethical manner.
Or hit by a car.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

crossbow...drag it in the garage at night...close the garage door.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Nice bucks. All 3 look to be about the same in body size. As far as getting there sheds, if there are any trees around and it's legal, you can put feed in a pail. Cracked corn works good. Attach the pail to the tree at a slight angle with a ratchet strap. Only put in enough to fill about a third of the pail. That way when the buck reaches in to get the feed, his horns may get knocked off. Good luck.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

I sure would like to see how big that 10 pt can get. I live near the area you mentioned. I used to work over by the old Big Beaver Airport in Troy. They shut it down and it was a section of overgrown brush and we would see this huge 10 that would score in the 150's maybe a little more. They started to develop the land and slowly the area got smaller and smaller. We stopped seeing any deer after a while. I heard that a real big one was hit by a car not to far from there up by Raintree Park but who knows. You should have some real dandies by you in Rochester. I call these Suburbia bucks. They can get to be 5+ yrs old but if they stray across the road at the wrong time or wrong area they are toast. Cool pictures
Old 01-20-2014, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I run cameras in areas like this around the suburbs of Chicago. I have multiple 160 to 180 class bucks. Its just not fair!! I can't hunt them but just getting them on camera is a lot of fun.

I think your buddy was off though with the fine for the deer. Someone poached a few bucks around Chicago last year and one was close to 220" and I believe and he only got a $25,000 fine plus this was in Cook county so gun hunting is . If he was fined 80K he had a lot of other outstanding warrants or he was hunting with a fully automatic fun with a missile launcher in the truck!

http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/news/pag...vidualsin.aspx
Old 01-22-2014, 03:41 PM
Spike

Default Just wont let them go!!

Well still no luck! This guy is really holding onto these horns! Got a few more pics to share, gives you a little bit better idea how big he is. I'll let yall know when he drops them, and if/when we find them!
Attached Thumbnails Non-typical City monster!-1-17-14-pic-1.jpg   Non-typical City monster!-1-18-14-pic1.jpg  
Old 01-22-2014, 05:24 PM
Spike

Better double check with DNR about shed traps. They are illegal in many states. If word gets out that you got the sheds from a shed trap and they're illegal, you're toast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.