Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Help with Neighbor Problems

Old 12-02-2013, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
***So now you're a clairvoyant and not only am I a lousy neighbor, but FLAGS is just faking that he's in the service, LOL! You are a friggin joke and should be the one that's ashamed of himself the way you're posting on this site just to argue. I hope nobody else responds to any of your posts because you appear to just be on this site to be a trouble maker and will take no advice from any of the senior members. I know I'm done with you and I hope everyone else that has read your posts does the same thing! PS: I did three years in the Army Vet Corp during the Viet Nam War, but I guess that was also a figment of my imagination and I'm a "military service faker" too!!!
Its sad that some people can't have a difference of opinion and hold their side of an argument like a mature adult.
Resorting to calling someone names and launching personal insults says a lot about you, not me.

You think that someone who is tracking a deer and consequently trespassing is a big issue.. I don't.

I guess if a conversation ever turned to one of the hot topics like religion, politics, birth control or whatever, you'd probably just spontaneously combust and self destruct.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Funny that this thread is now nine pages and that all of us have the same view on this except you. That's because your ideas make no sense and are far from the majority, logical view on trespassing. You're the one who is coming up with all these BS posts saying each of us has something wrong with us, insulting/dissing a service man, etc.!!! Oh, and by the way, if you think that me calling you names when I say you're a clairvoyant is a personal insult, then you are the one who should stay out of ALL discussions on this site because things are way over your head, and if you don't call what you just posted back to me an insult on your part, then booby you defiinitely need to rethink things.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-02-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will say I wouldn't blame some one for trespassing to get their deer after being told no.

I know that is probably not popular but what can I say? I guess sometimes my principals don't always agree with the law.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by rockport
I will say I wouldn't blame some one for trespassing to get their deer after being told no.

I know that is probably not popular but what can I say? I guess sometimes my principals don't always agree with the law.

***Not only not popular, but you are saying you would violate the law, so your principles definitely come into question! The way to handle what we are discussing is not to be hunting so close to a piece of property whose owners don't want anyone trespassing, regardless of why, to avoid a situation where you wound a deer and have to follow it onto land where you have no right to be!
Old 12-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Murby
I did, I have, I do, and I do..

I just don't find it to be a big deal if someone is following a blood trail through my little patch of happiness..
So long as that's all they're doing, I do not find it offensive.
Of all the people I've found trespassing I've yet to encounter one who was legitimately following the trail of a wounded game animal that was shot elsewhere and crossed my property line.
If that ever happens I'll gladly lend a hand in recovering the animal.

Nope, it's always people trespassing for no legitimate reason.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

***Not only not popular, but you are saying you would violate the law, so your principles definitely come into question! The way to handle what we are discussing is not to be hunting so close to a piece of property whose owners don't want anyone trespassing, regardless of why, to avoid a situation where you wound a deer and have to follow it onto land where you have no right to be!
Sorry, I'm not a sheep.

Sometimes I have to choose I guess between what I think is right and what I'm told is right.

You can question my principals if you want. To be quite honest I don't meet to many people now days who's principals I don't find questionable.

I find it very wrong to let an animal die and rot for no good reason(I question those principals). Ive have lost animals before this way and lost sleep night after night because I regret my decision.

Retrieving the animal legally is the right way but if your taking the right way off the table you have left me with 2 options.....what I think is wrong and what I think is even worse.

If I get in trouble doing what I think is right so be it. I'll answer for it with my head up.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
Of all the people I've found trespassing I've yet to encounter one who was legitimately following the trail of a wounded game animal that was shot elsewhere and crossed my property line.
If that ever happens I'll gladly lend a hand in recovering the animal.

Nope, it's always people trespassing for no legitimate reason.
There's a lot of truth to that.. And I think that's probably the root cause of the prevailing strong attitude we see here on the subject...

One poster suggested putting a phone number on all the No-Trespassing signs... I wonder if that would solve many of the issues..
Old 12-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

Funny that this thread is now nine pages and that all of us have the same view on this except you.
It wouldn't be the first time I've stood alone.. probably won't be the last.

That's because your ideas make no sense and are far from the majority, logical view on trespassing.
Well you were doing ok until you made this statement. My ideas make no sense?? What makes no sense?
Far from the majority ? Ya.. ok.. I can agree to that... But then you go one step further and add "logical" to your description... How is being lenient concerning trespassers not logical???

You're the one who is coming up with all these BS posts saying each of us has something wrong with us, insulting/dissing a service man, etc.!!!
Wow.. are you just making stuff up as you go along? I can do that too if you like but I'll refrain if you do from future comments.
Please stick to the facts.. don't embellish, don't twist them, and don't try to relabel the meaning of comments.

Oh, and by the way, if you think that me calling you names when I say you're a clairvoyant is a personal insult, then you are the one who should stay out of ALL discussions on this site because things are way over your head, and if you don't call what you just posted back to me an insult on your part, then booby you defiinitely need to rethink things.
You know, it would be great if you could just get back to the subject of the conversation.. Hold the personal attacks, but please feel free to blast away with your opinions and why you have them.

So lets see if I can put this back on track.. (and please correct me if I am mistaken here)..
You think that trespassing for any reason is wrong and should be treated as a serious crime. Does that sum it up?

I think that trespassing is not wrong so long as the person doing it is not being malicious. (IE: is not hunting, stealing, destroying, spying, or any other type of nefarious activity).
My opinion is that if a trespasser is following a blood trail it is not an issue for me.

I think the real root of this argument is that it is nearly impossible to determine if someone is trespassing benignly or just taking advantage of your absence.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

"You think that trespassing for any reason is wrong and should be treated as a serious crime. Does that sum it up?"

With the exception of using the word serious it is very simple if that's what you want---If a law says you can't do something and you go ahead and do it anyway, regardless of why, you are in violation of said law. Maybe that's a strict intrepretation that you and Rockport don't agree with regarding trespassing, but I won't get a ticket because I won't disobey said law, whereas Rockport stands a good chance of that AND losing his deer AND possibly even losing his hunting priviledges if caught and it's determined to be an egregious violation. It is not up to the individual to make a determination of whether they think the law is good or bad and to violate it if they think the latter. If they think it is bad, then it's up to them to try and have the law changed, not violate it. I guess this may come from a 30+ year career in law enforcement, but that's my take on it.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-02-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:22 AM
Spike

For years we have had a mutual agreement with all of our neighbors that allows us to track a deer onto the other's property. Despite our recent frustrations with our neighbors that's started this whole thread, we have helped them retrieve multiple deer on our property and theirs and they have done the same for us. We have a had a good relationship over the years, which is why I do not get why they have been acting like they have been the last few years.

As far as people other than our neighbors coming onto our land for tracking deer, we are highly skeptical of them. Several years ago my grandpa had a group of men stop by in a pickup (with zero deer in the truck bed) and ask of they could go back on to his property to track a deer they had hit. My Grandpa allowed them to go back to retrieve their deer. When they came out of the woods, there we're two deer in the back of the truck and then men just drove off without stopping back at the house.

Anyway, I'd also like to mention that this post has not went in the direction I intended.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.