Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Need an online scheduler for some whitetail property. >

Need an online scheduler for some whitetail property.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Need an online scheduler for some whitetail property.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need an online scheduler for some whitetail property.

Hope this is the right forum for this.

Curious is anyone knows of a decent online/internet appointment scheduler for some private property I hunt that allows the hunters to reserve a hunting stand. The current scheduler we use (squeezemein.com?) is $40/month which seems really unreasonable for such a rudimentary scheduler.

What we need:

1. Internet based, individuals log in with username/password
2. 10 stands on the land with morning (sunrise – noon) / evening (noon – sunset). So that’s a daily 10x2 table (20 slots a day). Basically you click on a calender to get to the date, then check the block and reserve a stand. Perhaps lock out Sunday.
3. Need a few other slots for signing up for varmints, turkey, kill permit, ect.
4. Once you sign up, you are sent a confirming email with the date/time/stand.
5. Ability to cancel/change slot, only by user (or someone with administrative privileges.
6. Some kind of lock out 24 hours before scheduled date that can only be accessed by admin.

That’s about it. Very basic, very simple. We have some other restrictions like maximum 4 hunters on property at a time but we are all pretty good at following the rules so we don’t have to load up the scheduler with restrictions.

So anyone use something like this?
Old 09-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

No and I personally would not hunt in that type of situation. Sounds more like a job than a hunting experience that should be enjoyable. If I get ready to hunt (especially a last minute hunt) I do not want to have to be on a schedule. I own some property and I am also in a hunting club and we have a first come first serve policy and I like that much better. Never had a problem in 15 years with this policy
Old 09-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

Try 40 hunters on 11,000 acres. Now in actuality out of 40 members there are usually no more than 20 to 25 hunters that really hunt. Some are in just for the turkey hunting, fishing or small game hunting. We have a big area to hunt and we do have a way to know where everyone is. We require that you sign in and put a Tac on the map where you will be hunting. If I get there and someone is pinned in where I was going to hunt then oh well I have plenty other spots to hunt. My hunting buddy lives a hour and a half away and has never had a problem. And worse come to worse my property is only 7 miles away that I can go to and have no one in my way at all!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 09-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

Also when you say your spot it sounds like you only hunt 1 or 2 spots. The wind plays a big part in where I hunt and I have several spots for each wind direction
Old 09-19-2013, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, we must have different situations. I can't imagine not having some kind of scheduling program for 10-15 hunters, some of whom live over an hour drive from the property, myself included.

To not have a system in place to make sure everyone knows who is on the property, including when and where they plan to be, seems impracticable, dangerous and legally untenable for the owner.

Drive 90 minutes to find out someone is in my spot? No thanks.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:50 PM
Spike

Im in no place to judge how or why something works for someone else, but that sounds awful to me. Dont your stands get overhunted to high heck!? If you need a schedule, can i assume someone is in each stand on most days? I dont hunt a stand any more often than once a week at most. I think I'd rather hunt on public land personally. As previous hunter said, what if you sign up two weeks in advance and the wind is wrong? Kudos if it works for you. Not for me though
Old 09-20-2013, 02:39 AM
Fork Horn

In agreement with North and Brow as that sounds like, well for lack of a better word Sucks. I am on 2 leases with 8 guys on 1 of them and 13 on another. We have first come first serve in slightly different way. Meaning if your stand is in an area and you dont move it then its your spot to hunt for every season until you either move it or drop out of the lease. I know Im not gonna have some first yr newbie in on our lease thinking he is just gonna go hunt the best spots on the property after some of us have been paying for the lease for over 10 yrs. Never had a problem at all with seniority and the ladder progression as people drop out and the guys who stay move up to better locations. Sounds to me like you have some first year guys crying that they deserve to hunt the same sots as guys who have been there a long time and in my eyes thats just not how it works. Doesnt work that way at a job or life in general. We have had a few guys like that over the years and needless to say they are no longer with us on the lease. LOL. Pay your dues and put in your time and good things and your turn will come. Wouldnt have it any other way but good luck to you with your way.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:55 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Thunderchicken217
In agreement with North and Brow as that sounds like, well for lack of a better word Sucks. I am on 2 leases with 8 guys on 1 of them and 13 on another. We have first come first serve in slightly different way. Meaning if your stand is in an area and you dont move it then its your spot to hunt for every season until you either move it or drop out of the lease. I know Im not gonna have some first yr newbie in on our lease thinking he is just gonna go hunt the best spots on the property after some of us have been paying for the lease for over 10 yrs. Never had a problem at all with seniority and the ladder progression as people drop out and the guys who stay move up to better locations. Sounds to me like you have some first year guys crying that they deserve to hunt the same sots as guys who have been there a long time and in my eyes thats just not how it works. Doesnt work that way at a job or life in general. We have had a few guys like that over the years and needless to say they are no longer with us on the lease. LOL. Pay your dues and put in your time and good things and your turn will come. Wouldnt have it any other way but good luck to you with your way.
Thunderchicken. I have no clue how many acres yall have leased and I do like the method you described far better than the original posters method, however my only problem would be if I m paying the same money as everyone else I can only hunt 40 acres of the left overs I would not like that. I guess I m lucky to have such a large area to hunt and I never have a problem with a spot to hunt. Yea there are some preferred spots and in reaility I have a handful of spots that I hunt that no one else ever go in. Most of our hunters are lazy and want put the effort in to get to a lot of places. To each his own though and good luck to everyone this season
Old 09-20-2013, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like I said, different situations. The hunting property is a not a lease but a vineyard where the owner lets us hunt the adjoining woods (no charge) for his benefit (deer control) and ours. The scheduler is a requirement and has worked very well for all.

Was not looking to get in a discussion on whose way is best, just asking whether anyone is aware of a more cost-effective online solution.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess every club has its own way. Couldn't you start a Facebook page and only the members of the club are members. When someone goes in to a stand, they post what stand they are going to. Then when you are almost to the woods, you check the posts for the last couple hours and if the stand you want to hunt isn't posted on Facebook for the day then you know no one is there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.