Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent Lok

Old 01-22-2013, 07:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Tight360, I have had plenty of deer come in from down wind washing my clothes with a basic no scent detergent and baking soda in the rinse.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just use Scent away and play the wind,also rub some pine on me as I walk in(free from Mother nature).Worked for the forty years I've been hunting.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Spike

Crock!! I was once a die hard, experience and situations have proven this to me without any doubt.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by focker101
Crock!! I was once a die hard, experience and situations have proven this to me without any doubt.
Me too. Bought some on post-season clearance 5 or 6 years ago before I knew better -- I have no faith in it now. Stupidest thing ever is scent lock / gortex clothing. You rejuvenate carbon with heat and you can't put gortex in high heat without ruining it. One thing I do believe in is earth-scented cover sprays.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm... Scent lok has been around since, 1992?

Deer hunting has been around since... the beginning of time?

Seems like people can do alright without it.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

The main thing to do is always play the wind. Deer are going to smell you no matter what if they are downwind. You'll always have unique situations where a deer comes in downwind of you but you never know if other factors are influencing that (Ex. rising thermals). Heck the biggest buck I ever shot was this year and he came in downwind of me.

I travel 3 hours to where I hunt so I keep all my hunting clothes in a tub, mainly for convenience but it also helps that I don't spill anything on them during the trip. The only thing I do is wash my clothes in scent free detergent and spray down with scent killer before I head into the woods. Seems to work pretty well.

I bought my first pair of scent lok pants this year. They were marked down from $229 to $60 and the only reason I bought them is because they were a heavier duty camo material than all the other camo pants I have seen. Anytime they are marked down that much you know they aren't selling!
Old 02-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

As the person wno was involved in the tests, and started the whole contorersy on an other web site. It does not work, do not waste your money.Use unscented febreeze. T.R.NichelsTrinity Mountain OUtdoors
Old 02-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Psylocide
Hmm... Scent lok has been around since, 1992?

Deer hunting has been around since... the beginning of time?

Seems like people can do alright without it.
Really, lot of people used to starve.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by fastetti
The main thing to do is always play the wind. Deer are going to smell you no matter what if they are downwind. !
Just isn't true or I don't stink and I know I stink till I'm hunting. People just don;t take care of their stink, they think they do, but they don't and if they don't they better play the wind.

Take care of your stink and go up to deer in the dark, they won't freak out because they can't see you. Movement is the killer.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:17 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by fastetti
I bought my first pair of scent lok pants this year. They were marked down from $229 to $60 and the only reason I bought them is because they were a heavier duty camo material than all the other camo pants I have seen. Anytime they are marked down that much you know they aren't selling!
You got that right! $229 for a pair of pants - That would be the day LOL! At $60 they might be worth it if they were decent pants as you describe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.