Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Grow the Bone

Old 09-28-2012, 04:48 AM
Spike

Default Grow the Bone

Has anyone else heard of this product? I recently found out about it a few months ago. It got me interested when they stated that it's 80% digestible by whitetails with 21% protein. They also claim it gets deer onto your property and holds them there. It's said to be an amazing attractant. (but what product out there doesn't claim this) Now in MO we can't bait our deer when we hunt, and I wouldn't want to if I could. But the fact that this stuff offers that much protein is what got me to buy this stuff. I bought 3 bags, not to pricey. I currently have a pile in front of a trail cam in the back of our property at home. Just to see how well it brings them in. I'll be checking that camera tonight when I get back home from school. But I was wondering if anyone else has used this product? I'm not interested in using for hunting at all. But implementing it into my feeding program. If I can get a product that a deer can digest 80% of the product. I'd love that! That will allow a deer to walk into my food plots and benefit from that even more. The potential of this product seems amazing. It has been used for 15 years by private outfitters and such. So it has to have a good track record. So we'll see. I'll be doing a review of it on my blog (www.missouriwhitetail.wordpress.com) in a few weeks. So feel fee to check that out. But if you've used or heard of this product, I wanna know. How well has it worked for you?
Old 10-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Spike

Default Grow The Bone Really Works

Let me say, I have not only heard of it but I've seen and used it. I found word of GTB a little over a year ago while searching through the web. Out of curiosity I figured I would give it a try since I had tried nearly everything else over the years.

Within a couple days my package arrived and I couldn't wait to put it out and see what happened. I couldnt have guessed that within 2 hours of pouring the product out, I had 3 mature does and their little ones come up through the hardwood valley I was hunting to eat this brand new, never poured out or tested in the area, product. What made this impressive was that in this valley was freshly falling white oak acorns and a corn feeder that they had been eating out of for months. Yet they walked right past them to eat this fresh powder. Was I sold? Absolutely.

I went to town and started pouring it out at all camera sites and in all feeders. We hunt a small piece of property, and we often here of neighbors shooting the bucks we just get a glimpse of barely once. Well with the GTB, our picture count increased on cameras that would normally get 150-200 pics a week to getting 800-1200 pics a week. The deer wouldn't leave. For months, prerut, thru the rut, and post rut we continued getting pics of deer as we were holding them on our property. Even when the GTB would be gone the deer would continue to come in and lick the logs or ground where we would pour it for any last remnant of the minerals.

It has become a staple in our supplemental feeding program and the number of deer we see has apparently increased.

Try Grow The Bone. You won't be disappointed. If it can work down here in Georgia, it can work anywhere, I have no doubt.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by gabuckslammer
Let me say, I have not only heard of it but I've seen and used it. I found word of GTB a little over a year ago while searching through the web. Out of curiosity I figured I would give it a try since I had tried nearly everything else over the years.

Within a couple days my package arrived and I couldn't wait to put it out and see what happened. I couldnt have guessed that within 2 hours of pouring the product out, I had 3 mature does and their little ones come up through the hardwood valley I was hunting to eat this brand new, never poured out or tested in the area, product. What made this impressive was that in this valley was freshly falling white oak acorns and a corn feeder that they had been eating out of for months. Yet they walked right past them to eat this fresh powder. Was I sold? Absolutely.

I went to town and started pouring it out at all camera sites and in all feeders. We hunt a small piece of property, and we often here of neighbors shooting the bucks we just get a glimpse of barely once. Well with the GTB, our picture count increased on cameras that would normally get 150-200 pics a week to getting 800-1200 pics a week. The deer wouldn't leave. For months, prerut, thru the rut, and post rut we continued getting pics of deer as we were holding them on our property. Even when the GTB would be gone the deer would continue to come in and lick the logs or ground where we would pour it for any last remnant of the minerals.

It has become a staple in our supplemental feeding program and the number of deer we see has apparently increased.

Try Grow The Bone. You won't be disappointed. If it can work down here in Georgia, it can work anywhere, I have no doubt.
Glad to hear! I'm looking forward to putting it out on our property. More importantly I wanna use it to get more pictures. Thanks for the feedback!