Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

can he see me now????

Old 09-11-2003, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: can he see me now????

I' ll throw my .02 in too. I like to draw when it' s head is behind a tree also. As a side note, make sure you check the surrounding area for other deer b/c it there' s another deer nearby, and you draw on the 1st w/o seeing the 2nd, it' ll likely give warning by snorting, wheezing, stomping, or bolting. Had this happen to me once.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:14 PM

When your hunting an old buck especially during the rut.....try hunting with a buck decoy. Set it up so you will have the best shot at him while he is squaring(sp?) off or giving all his attention to the decoy. That along with some buck scent, grunting or rattling might be the ticket for you and you might want to give it a thought.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:23 PM

behind a big tree - thats it
Rack, you have it right.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes a big tree doesnt' even work on them old rascals that have that 6th sense. They never cease to amaze me.