Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

can he see me now????

Old 09-07-2003, 09:51 PM

Default can he see me now????

where is the blind spot on that wise old buck? how far to the sides can he see so that I dont get busted drawing on him.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:27 PM

Default RE: can he see me now????

Best thing to do is to draw on him when he is distracted or looking away.....[:-][:-][:-]
Old 09-08-2003, 05:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Directly behind is their only real blind spot . They have a huge FOV due to the placement of their eyes on the sides of their heads , and sideways pupils . The one bonus is that they have little or no depth perception , which makes it hard for them to pick you out from the background , especially if you' re not moving .
Old 09-08-2003, 05:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

kevin pretty much nailed it, but I will be honest and say I prefer their head down or behind something to draw, their periphial vison is amazing, especially movement.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:34 AM

THANKS EVERYONE THAT WILL HELP A BUNCH.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:42 PM

i have heard that its like 310 degrees with some overlapping.. but im not sure what the overlap is about
Old 09-08-2003, 10:04 PM

As far as Im concerned if I can see his eye, he can see me if I move. They have an incredible ability to spot movement anywhere around them, the only thing better may be a turkey.
Old 09-09-2003, 04:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

i have heard that its like 310 degrees with some overlapping.. but im not sure what the overlap is about
Josh the overlap is in the front, another words the left and right eye see the same thing, like ours, but not as well, that is why our depth perception is better than theirs.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

Watch out for those few deer that have a third eye in the back of their head. I have personally seen several of them myself. I prefer to draw when their head is behind something. Only bad thing is it might leave you holding the string for a while waiting on him to step out. A couple weeks before season opens I will sit in the house and hold my bow at full draw for as long as I can. I do this 4 times a night every other night and it really helps when the moment of truth comes.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:30 PM

where is the blind spot on that wise old buck?
behind a big tree - thats it

Nuff said

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.