Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Baiting for Deer.

Old 09-06-2003, 09:01 PM

Default RE: Baiting for Deer.

How many deer have you ever seen eating tobacco or cotton??? Not very many I' m sure. That is what you will find planted in many of the fields in NC. The two farms that I hunt are both planted in tobacco. The other option is game lands where all the transplants from up north end up when they can' t find anyplace else to go.
Tobacco is NC' s #1 crop. Depending on what part of the state your in you could hunt over corn, beans, peanuts, or other variety of vegitation. But tobacco is all across the state. Then again, you can always wait for the acorns to start dropping.
Besides, B&C and P&Y don' t care if you are hunting over a Legal corn pile.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dang deer would get cancer if they ate the t-backy......If it is legal, and you have no problems with it, then go ahead. To bait is to lure or entice. That means corn, scent lures, food plots, mineral licks and any other kind of bait.
Old 09-06-2003, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

i tried baiting with corn last year near my girlfriends deer stand, we hunted all day long, i found out on the last day that it got dark at 6:30 and the deer showed up at 7:30, so much for shooting fish in a barrel. by the way, this was in NC.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I ain' t going to debate the baiting issue as it has been around the horn so many times with the same people chimming in the same lines (me included).

Good luck and hope your honey hole brings you success.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey skeeter, quit being a chicken $%#t and jump on it. then go read my reply on what would you do. nothing like getting the place lit up a little.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lee...haha. I think most people know my position on baiting, so no need to stir the mud and I am not being a chicken @#$t by not doing so...I really see no need in soap box talk at this point!

To the other post a diplomatic " NO COMMENT" [&:]
Old 09-07-2003, 08:10 AM
nub

What a heritage to pass on to your children and grand kids.[:' (] When diseases like TB and CWD run rampant, we' ll have people like you to thank. Don' t even play the " its no different than a food plot" card. If you can' t tell the difference, your a bigger moron than I realized. If I could find a way to grow that much corn, in that confined of a space, I' d be a rich man. Surely you don' t consider that a skill?
Old 09-07-2003, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man this debate gets old!
If its legal, the choice is yours! Do as you please and are comfortable with!
If baiting is illegal where you hunt, you simply have no choice!
Some may fool themselves, but please don' t beat your chest, with nose in the air about baiting! Because there isn' t much difference in a feeder and hunting a 40 acre grain field!
Old 09-07-2003, 12:51 PM

I beleive that hunting over a bait pile and hunting a grain field are definately different in many ways. First, a bait pile can be taken deep into the woods to a place where the deer feel comfortable and secure, hunting a grain field the deer are more open to predators and therefor more careful about where and when and how they get to where they' re going. A bait pile is a lot of food in one place, right by your stand. With a grain field the deer can come from many places out of range, never giving you the opportunity for a shot. With food plots it takes a lot of time and effort, not to mention a " Green-Thumb" to produce the feed, any moron can go out and put 300 lbs of corn in a pile under a stand in the back-woods. Just my two-cents. [:-]
Old 09-07-2003, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well said Wash......

Quick Reply: Baiting for Deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.