Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bad Timing

Old 09-04-2003, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bad Timing

I' ll get a little bit of hunting in. It' s the opening day camp that I' ll miss. Maybe I can get all the guys to go up for a few days of late muzzle loader. It could be like deer camp but not really. We' ll just have to see how it plays out.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 09-04-2003, 08:36 PM

Go hunting, you got one already, so you already know what its like.

Just kidding, congrats [&:]
Old 09-05-2003, 09:10 AM

I feel your pain..... My 16th wedding aniversary in on opening weekend this year. I am still trying to figure this one out. I married a sweet and wonderful women who lets me get away with most of my hunting but I am not sure I can pull this one off.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.......

BL
Old 09-05-2003, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would try to come up with something good before hand. Maybe you could arrange to renew your wedding vows the weekend before. Make reservations at a swank eatery and get a great gift. After all of that is over, maybe she' ll tell you that hunting camp is only a couple of days away and you better get ready.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 09-05-2003, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

Man you' ll have many more seasons to come, you' ll only have one birth of your future child. If I' ve learned anything through the years it' s that family comes first, then deer hunting....always.

Congrats and don' t sweat it, you' ll still get out in the woods. If this is any consolation, I missed three deer seasons when I was in the military and it absolutely drove me insane, think of all the other poor guys doing the same right now. One season isnt' going to kill you, if anything it will enlight you to what' s important in life.