Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bad Timing

Old 09-02-2003, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bad Timing

We are expecting our second child. The due date is November 30th. All of you PA deer hunters look at your calendar and see if I’m stupid or what.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bad Timing

My wife was born on Nov. 30, 1979....her grandpa and uncle were pretty mad that they had to come out of the woods! When ever we start planning a family we' re shooting for a due date around the end of March to early April....Carrie is a teacher, so she' ll get maternity leave and then have all summer off....and I' ll still get to bowhunt. I feel for you man, not much you can do about it now though. Congrats on the new addition to your family!
Old 09-02-2003, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

You already have one, so I have to assume you know how much of a blessing they are. You should be excited...having 2 is even better!

All of you PA deer hunters look at your calendar and see if I’m stupid or what.
I' m not a PA hunter, but if what your saying is that hunting is more important than your kids....well, you said it.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not more important. I could have timed it better, though. I haven' t missed a deer camp since 1981.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea but that' s about the best reason to miss. Most other things you' d miss for are probably due to bad reasons.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

A buddy missed last year due to settlement on his new house. The worst reason would be death or illness. I' m not counting it out completely yet. The last baby came 4.5 weeks early. If the next one comes early, my wife would probably stay with her parents for 3 days while I go to camp. That way they can help her out. Her parent' s house is in the Poconos and a short drive from hunting camp.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey you may get lucky and have the baby born on my birthday, Nov. 20th!!! Gun opens in Va. around that time most years which works well for me, but if your deer camp is around the 30th then the 20th would be good for you. Congrats on the new addition to come.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Barnes...glad to hear it. Congrats on the new addition! Hey, look at the bright side......you' ll always have a " birthday hunt" that you just have to go on so you can celebrate...

I can relate...I have Oct 14th, and Nov 5th. My second was born 3 years ago on opening day of archery season.

Now, if you got married that week, well that' s a different story!!! [:-]
Old 09-03-2003, 01:18 PM

Barnes - Congrats on the new Baby!!

I got lucky with my birthday April 9th, 5 days before Turkey season opens here in Washington, I always manage to get my Turkey Tag for a birthday present... [:-]
Old 09-03-2003, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats....too bad about the deer seaons this year though.....look at my dad and mom....their annaversery is dec 1st or something like htat.....he gets hounded every year when we pack up and head north.....last year he took her out to dinner cut it short because of the snow storm came home we packed and left...she was mad their little dinner date got ruined and we heard it the whole time we packed....but we were ready so we were gone lol..im definently going to try to plan my dates so i dont get messed up....i mean deer camp comes once a year and its the best place to be in the world....but having a kid is a great thing....not that i know...i know id love to be a father of one of me though! lol ill try to save you one for next year!! congrats adn good luck with the new addition!! dont be too bumed out its only one deer camp and for a good reason.....

Quick Reply: Bad Timing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.