Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Trying to get one stan in!

Old 08-23-2003, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default Trying to get one stan in!

I picked this spot out last year. 1/4 mi. behind my house. A 5yd. wide fence line between 2 corn fields. There is a gap in the fence where the farmer drives the tractor through that is within shooting range. Last year there was beans in them fields and there was a major rubline goin down that fence line and 5 scrapes within that opening.
I went and carried everything out there to the base of this tree. I got one tree step in and had to come home cause the MOSQUITOS were SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad!!!! I locked the stand to the tree and went home. I was even sprayed down and dripping with OFF.
I went back out today and took one of them TIKI tourches with the citrenella suff and the OFF and they didnt attack me this time.....but I RAN OUT OF TREE STEPS!!!!!!!!![:@][:@] I got the stand in but I need to go higher or I have some MAJOR problems with about 3 HUGE limbs. I dont want to get rid of all my cover so If I got higher, I will avoid that problem. My buddy has 6 extras in a tree over at his grandmas where he had a stand.
Cant go get them till Monday(its Saturday now) so it will be the third time I have to walk 1/4mi. through corn. And will be the third time out there to hang ONE stand! I hope I kill something out of this stand to warrent all of this work and frusteration[:@]
Thanks, just had to vent Now I feel better
Old 08-23-2003, 08:48 PM

Default RE: Trying to get one stan in!

after all the work,hope you have luck.
no deer comes easy.