Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

bowhunting in Milford, Ct

Old 01-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Spike

Default bowhunting in Milford, Ct

I had the opportunity to hunt in Milford Ct. for the month of January 2012 on private property. The property owner would not give me permision (written) because he said he checked with the city of Milford and was told there was a law or ordinance prohibiting bowhunting within 200 feet of a road. Does anyone know anything or heard anything about it.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:12 AM
Fork Horn

Best to go down to the town hall and research it yourself. I would not want to take any ones word for it without seeing the ordinance for myself.

I did a quick search on the Milford site and only saw mension of hunting in town parks, nothing about private property.

There is a CT DEP officer that answers question on CTfisherman.com if you want to post it there.

Let us know what you find out.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

A call to the Town Corporate Attorney would solve this. Or to an Attorney in Milford.

From the DEEP website:

The 500' exclusion zone applies to gun hunting only.

"Private Land Permission"......
There is no minimum acreage requirement for using a shotgun, muzzleloader or archery equipment.

BTW: This is in the 2012 Hunting and Trapping Guide.

Last edited by DeppedyDogg; 01-06-2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Clarification.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:53 AM
Spike

Ohh nice can you told me is this private property is sold or not . if it was not sold please tell me i wanna buy it.