Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Legal transportation of a bow

Old 12-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Spike

As you can also see, a crossbow would also be considered a firearm in Rhode Island too. Even a stripped frame or receiver is considered a firearm here.... Liberal states are awesome....aint they.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
im not doubting the law. i am just stating the obvious.
i was wanting a link on the article with the kids with the busted lip.
I will see if i can dig it up on the Internet. It was on here awhile ago, it might still be.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

Illinois Hunting Regulations page 12.

It is unlawful to carry a bow or bow and arrow devise in or on a vehicle, conveyance or aircraft UN-LESS it is unstrung or enclosed in a case, or otherwise made inoperable.

A lock or a zip tie makes it inoperable.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ghost of the hardwoods
As you can also see, a crossbow would also be considered a firearm in Rhode Island too. Even a stripped frame or receiver is considered a firearm here.... Liberal states are awesome....aint they.
i heard the supreme court isnt taking anymore fire arms cases...its a blatant disregard to our bill of rights
Old 12-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

In Michigan, a bow has to be in a case if being transported. A firearm has to be in a case and unloaded. A muzzleloader is considered unloaded if you take the cap off.

An exception for handguns if you have a CPL.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

i heard the supreme court isnt taking anymore fire arms cases...
I do not know if that is the case, however I am sure they would hear rights pertaining to the Second Amendment if the court was more liberal. Hopefully, BHO does not appoint any more judges to any court - especially the Supreme Court.

Recent legislation that was passed is very concerning. Let's see - have a firearm and more than seven days of food. That would make every hunter a person of interest for being a terrorist.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...etention-obama
Old 12-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by country1
I do not know if that is the case, however I am sure they would hear rights pertaining to the Second Amendment if the court was more liberal. Hopefully, BHO does not appoint any more judges to any court - especially the Supreme Court.

Recent legislation that was passed is very concerning. Let's see - have a firearm and more than seven days of food. That would make every hunter a person of interest for being a terrorist.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...etention-obama
that leaves me out, i have more than one firearm.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

When leaving the stand at dark, in IL, the bow must be rendered inoperable. I incorrectly assumed leaving the quiver and all arrows in the stand made it inoperable. Fortunately, the GW that met me at my truck not only had a sense of humor but knew I was hunting with the then, director of DNR...his boss.

But since that time, I have always carried a lock to the stand with me and locked my bow coming and going and I never use any motorized transport unless the bow is in a hard case and the case latched.

Maybe a stupid law but one that is easy to obey.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by scribe
When leaving the stand at dark, in IL, the bow must be rendered inoperable. I incorrectly assumed leaving the quiver and all arrows in the stand made it inoperable. Fortunately, the GW that met me at my truck not only had a sense of humor but knew I was hunting with the then, director of DNR...his boss.

But since that time, I have always carried a lock to the stand with me and locked my bow coming and going and I never use any motorized transport unless the bow is in a hard case and the case latched.

Maybe a stupid law but one that is easy to obey.
Doesn't sound easy to me or legal and it isn't stupid, it's abuse of power. Then again I think many things in Ill. are abusive, a reason I avoid all contact with the state. If I have a chance to do business there it has to be I have no other option. Kind of like arresting someone in a bar for having cigareets and a lighter since the new anti smoking laws. Something I'm sure Ill, will make law as soon as they think of it.

A bow is legal, hunting is legal, arrows are legal, if I use them to commit a crime arrest me, if I just have them you shouldn't be able to arrest me just for carrying them. That's one screwed up state.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

plz provide a link for this story. i hate to state the obvious...a "firearm" creates an explosion that creates a gas that propels an object...a "bb" or "pellet" gun contain gas already, that is released to propel an object. no fire
I have a hunting friend that lives in a near by city who's also law enforcement, he can't shot his bow and when I mentioned it to him said even sling shots are illegal.