Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Legal transportation of a bow

Old 12-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default Legal transportation of a bow

Since when is this illegal?

(age 29 from Kankakee, IL)
1 count of accessory to unlawful take of whitetail deer with rifle
1 count of failure to tag deer immediately upon kill
1 count of falsifying deer harvest records (Sangamon Co.)
1 count of illegal transportation of uncased bow on an ATV
1 count of hunting with an invalidated permit
1 count of illegal possession of whitetail deer
1 count of unlawfully hunting without permission of landowner
1 count of accessory to unlawfully hunting within 300 yards of a dwelling with a rifle
Old 12-17-2011, 08:11 PM
Spike

Sounds like someone caught a GW on an off day. Only case I can think of for a bow is a card case like my brother has for his bear bow. But honestly who is going to drag a cumbersome case around to put their bow in?

This is similar to what Bebo has but he HATES it and only uses it to store it at home so all his stuff doesnt get lost. Not once have I heard of someone needing to case their bow. But I suppose laws regarding that do differ state to state
Old 12-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

That is IL. If a bow is in or on a motorized vehicle (and I believe any type of conveyance) a firearm, ML or bow must be cased and unloaded (cased and no arrow nocked if a bow). To my knowledge tThis also applies to ATV's, and I would not be surprised if it also applies to horses or other animals. I believe you cannot have any type of lighting on a horse for hunting coyotes at night while legally hunting coyotes when the nighttime hunting of coyotes is permitted.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol..who effin gives a crap..obviously someone was poaching and got caught lol
i think its awesome he got lit the fugg up!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 05:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
lol..who effin gives a crap..obviously someone was poaching and got caught lol
i think its awesome he got lit the fugg up!!!
well, taken that way all had better case up their bows or they are poaching and the rest of what you said should apply.

Seems like the law that's being used here needs a little interpretation, God help us.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

They have some strange Game Laws in Illinois...we were going to Hunt over there and was told we had to have our Bows inside a carrying case when transporting them over there...ended up not even going after all.Another law is high-powered Rifles aren't allowed when Deer Hunting..only Shotguns and Muzzle Loaders are allowed I believe?Not sure where or why the carrying of Rifles are allowed unless its for Coyote/Predator Hunting purposes.

But as mentioned in all the Fines that person recieved...Illinois has some pretty strict Game Laws to abide by...if You shoot a Deer and it goes onto another Person property You are not allowed to retrieve it,it is considered theirs and You can get into a lot of trouble for trespassing.A Friend of ours brings a Illinois monthly news letter magazine to us here in Missouri and it list all the different Regions in Illinois on People that get caught breaking the Law while Hunting in Illinios...its amazing what some will do to get into trouble from taking too many Fish,breaking Boating Laws,shooting Deer out of Season or with a High-powered Rifle instead of the shotgun or muzzle loader its pretty comical to read all the things People will do! LOL

Last edited by GTOHunter; 12-18-2011 at 05:51 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:13 AM
Spike

Some of these laws are ridiculous. It sounds like the guy that got caught was breaking many laws (perhaps poaching) Here in Rhode Island, a pellet gun is considered a firearm, and if you live in some of the more "liberal" cities around here, your kids better not be caught shooting cans in your back yard. Believe me, they will get arrested! Cities like Providence, Pawtucket, and Cranston are notorious for this. They made it a big deal on the news about 4 years ago. 2 boys one was 12 the other was 14 where out in there backyard shooting cans when "one of the neighbors" looked out the window and seen the boys. She called the cops and said two men with guns where sneaking around the neighborhood and she thought they where shooting into people's houses. Immediately about 20 squad cars rolled onto the street, closing off intersections and having a standoff with the two "boys" the 12 year old suffered a busted lip that required 7 stitches from being tackled by two officers.

When the news team interviewed the police chief, he said this is the biggest threat to our community and to our officers. Our job is to get as many guns off the street as we can. It also said the boys where arrested and tried as juveniles because they where discharging " a firearm " within 500 feet from a house. ECT.....ECT.....ECT.

When I lived in NY, we used to shoot our pellet guns and bows in our back yards, and NOBODY GAVE A CRAP!!!! But then again, stick bows and red rider BB guns where not considered weapons of mass destruction either.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ghost of the hardwoods
Some of these laws are ridiculous. It sounds like the guy that got caught was breaking many laws (perhaps poaching) Here in Rhode Island, a pellet gun is considered a firearm, and if you live in some of the more "liberal" cities around here, your kids better not be caught shooting cans in your back yard. Believe me, they will get arrested! Cities like Providence, Pawtucket, and Cranston are notorious for this. They made it a big deal on the news about 4 years ago. 2 boys one was 12 the other was 14 where out in there backyard shooting cans when "one of the neighbors" looked out the window and seen the boys. She called the cops and said two men with guns where sneaking around the neighborhood and she thought they where shooting into people's houses. Immediately about 20 squad cars rolled onto the street, closing off intersections and having a standoff with the two "boys" the 12 year old suffered a busted lip that required 7 stitches from being tackled by two officers.

When the news team interviewed the police chief, he said this is the biggest threat to our community and to our officers. Our job is to get as many guns off the street as we can. It also said the boys where arrested and tried as juveniles because they where discharging " a firearm " within 500 feet from a house. ECT.....ECT.....ECT.

When I lived in NY, we used to shoot our pellet guns and bows in our back yards, and NOBODY GAVE A CRAP!!!! But then again, stick bows and red rider BB guns where not considered weapons of mass destruction either.
plz provide a link for this story. i hate to state the obvious...a "firearm" creates an explosion that creates a gas that propels an object...a "bb" or "pellet" gun contain gas already, that is released to propel an object. no fire
Old 12-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
plz provide a link for this story. i hate to state the obvious...a "firearm" creates an explosion that creates a gas that propels an object...a "bb" or "pellet" gun contain gas already, that is released to propel an object. no fire
Check out section#3 in the Rhode Island bylaws of what their definition is of a firearm. As you can see, BB guns and Air rifles are considered Firearms in the state of Rhode Island.

TITLE 11
Criminal Offenses
CHAPTER 11-47
Weapons
SECTION 11-47-2

11-47-2 Definitions. When used in this chapter, the following words and phrases are construed as follows:

(1) "Antique firearm" is defined as that term is defined under the provisions of 18 U.S.C. 921.

(2) "Crime of violence" means and includes any of the following crimes or an attempt to commit any of them: murder, manslaughter, rape, first or second degree sexual assault, first or second degree child molestation, kidnapping, first and second degree arson, mayhem, robbery, burglary, breaking and entering, any felony violation involving the illegal manufacture, sale, or delivery of a controlled substance, or possession with intent to manufacture, sell, or deliver a controlled substance classified in schedule I or schedule II of 21-28-2.08, any violation of 21-28-4.01.1 or 21-28-4.01.2 or conspiracy to commit any violation of these statutes, assault with a dangerous weapon, assault or battery involving grave bodily injury, and/or assault with intent to commit any offense punishable as a felony; upon any conviction of an offense punishable as a felony offense under 12-29-5.

(3) "Firearm" includes any machine gun, pistol, rifle, air rifle, air pistol, "blank gun," "BB gun," or other instrument from which steel or metal projectiles are propelled, or which may readily be converted to expel a projectile, except recurve, compound, or longbows, and except instruments propelling projectiles which are designed or normally used for a primary purpose other than as a weapon. The frame or receiver of the weapon shall be construed as a firearm under the provisions of this section.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

im not doubting the law. i am just stating the obvious.
i was wanting a link on the article with the kids with the busted lip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.