Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Score please.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:53 AM
Typical Buck

135-140, very unique buck
Old 10-19-2011, 03:58 AM
Fork Horn

one thing i think is people get too tide up with is wide deer. yes a wide deer looks awesome on the wall but width is only one measurement. a deer with tine length and mass will get you a higher score then one width measurement. he has the tine length he carries his mass all the way through. then with the kickers you got a 155 give or a take a few inches deer. oh and above about a net score nets are for fish not deer.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

By my count he has 11 points, so I would score him to be an 11 pointer.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pearsontx4
..........then with the kickers you got a 155 give or a take a few inches deer. oh and above about a net score nets are for fish not deer.
Yup, and gross is for measuring sheets of paper

Net, as well as gross, is a fact of life when measuring racks, like it or not My peeve with the scoring system is the fact that abnormal points result in deductions on typical score, yet a measurement of air- WIDTH- is allowed. I'll take a long main beam with mass any day since that represents nearly 40% or more of most racks scores. However, even gross, this buck doesn't reach 150 +. Helluva buck at any rate.

Last edited by crokit; 10-19-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
im a 145-155...its short and only appears to be 13-16 inch spread..love the split tine and the crab claws....def wall mounter.

that deer is 16 - 18 inches wide....id bet on it. Ear tip to ear tip on the average buck is 14inches wide.. id say this buck is likely 14 + ear tip to ear tip and his horns are outside his ears