Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Best deer attractant you have use? >

Best deer attractant you have use?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Best deer attractant you have use?

Old 08-25-2011, 07:06 AM
Spike

i put a Rack Rock/Deer Cane block in front of one camera. the month before got around 50 pics. this month around 550. big difference.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

Right Guard deoderant.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Early season you can't beat a trophy rock mineral lick. Deer in my woods wont touch corn until the weather drops cuz corn is a carbohydrate and warms em up.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Spike

Well I have some products you should try!! My brother-in-law and I have a new synthetic deer scent company. We are located in WV and after successfully field testing our products we now have it available to the public "BUCK WILD SYNTHETICS". We have 3 scent formulas available in 4 oz. bottles Pre-Rut, Rut, & Lick'N Branch. We have several pics of BUCKS work'n mock scrapes made with our products and caught on trail cams......check out those pics and our products at WWW.BUCKWILDSYNTHETICS.COM "YOUR TROPHY IS OUR SUCCESS"

You can check us out on our website listed above and facebook (business-buckwildsynthetics) & you can leave a message, or comment and if your interested in purchasing our products let us know [email protected] or go to WWW.AMAZON.COM and make a purchase. Remeber we will answer any questions and help out anyway we can!

Just make a mock scrape at your stand location and add the synthetic scent you choose to add into the scrape area.....& you can use the LICK'N BRANCH formula above the mock scrape.

GOOD LUCK! From Brad
Old 08-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

"spoiled brussels sprouts"
Old 08-27-2011, 04:20 AM
Spike

Does anyone have opinions on "C'mere deer"?
Old 08-27-2011, 08:11 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

One very odd thing that seems to draw (at least one) deer in is the smell of Roundup-type weed killer. Every time I spray large amounts, this spike buck is seen in the area the next day. Perhaps it is the fact that I am putting on gallons of the stuff and the deer is curious.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

corn, or Trails End ##07 by Wildlife Rresearch Center - been usng it since 1989.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

B12 50/50!!!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of the best things I've used over the years is the Arm & Hammer Salt Lick Recipe.You take a box of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda and a bag Rock Salt or even the Water Softener pellets...find a good spot where You want to make a lick and it won't kill Your tree's,if You can find an old tree stump or low lying area that will hold some water/moisture when it rains thats even better and if there's a water source nearby it will be better so the Deer will have some water when needed.Dig up a spot about 4 X 4 foot and break up the soil finely,take the box of A&H and spread about 1/2 the contents on the ground,then pour out about 20-30 lbs of salt on the A & H and then put the other 1/2 of A& H on the top to finish it off...!You can put a little mineral on top of it to enhance it or leave it alone,we usually put some corn or grain on top of the Salt Lick so the Deer will find it and start using it if allowed in Your State?If the Deer use the Lick a lot You can simply refresh it every few months as needed.

The other Minerals/Attractants I have found to work the best is the "Lucky Buck" minerals,it has some of the most Calcium content/percentage than any other minerals on the market and the Deer simply love it....I have also spread some of it on top of my Arm & Hammer Salt Licks just to draw the Deer in for the mineral content too!

Last edited by GTOHunter; 08-28-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.