HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best deer attractant you have use?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 08:59 AM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

One of the best things I've used over the years is the Arm & Hammer Salt Lick Recipe.You take a box of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda and a bag Rock Salt or even the Water Softener pellets...find a good spot where You want to make a lick and it won't kill Your tree's,if You can find an old tree stump or low lying area that will hold some water/moisture when it rains thats even better and if there's a water source nearby it will be better so the Deer will have some water when needed.Dig up a spot about 4 X 4 foot and break up the soil finely,take the box of A&H and spread about 1/2 the contents on the ground,then pour out about 20-30 lbs of salt on the A & H and then put the other 1/2 of A& H on the top to finish it off...!You can put a little mineral on top of it to enhance it or leave it alone,we usually put some corn or grain on top of the Salt Lick so the Deer will find it and start using it if allowed in Your State?If the Deer use the Lick a lot You can simply refresh it every few months as needed.

The other Minerals/Attractants I have found to work the best is the "Lucky Buck" minerals,it has some of the most Calcium content/percentage than any other minerals on the market and the Deer simply love it....I have also spread some of it on top of my Arm & Hammer Salt Licks just to draw the Deer in for the mineral content too!

Last edited by GTOHunter; 08-28-2011 at 09:02 AM.