Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pen Raised Deer

Old 06-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

Thank you all for giving me a little perspective. Even if it is not my cup of tea I should not judge. There are far worse problems in hunting than high fences, poachers to name the biggest one. I will save my energy to argue with those type of people. I e-mailed them both and told them I was wrong to bash what he was doing. It is not my thing but neither is playing the piano but I do not make fun of that. I left it at that. To each his own.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by otsa560
I guess to each their own. Some people like to shoot deer I'd rather hunt deer.
I did not mean to steal your quote, I had not read your post before I posted mine.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

A great part of why I like to hunt is spending as much time as is wise and needful to put you where the game is loacated in the hunting area. Scouting,deciding where to place stands or blinds and stalking the game is part of the whole hunting expierence. I'm using trail cams for the first time this year where ever I can to get a better idea of what and where they are at different times of the day. To be led by someone who has done this for me as well as all the hard work of hanging stands or placing blinds would at this time take away from my hunting expierence so it's not for me. Free chase is more exciting to me and if I'm successful I have a sense of accomplisment I think would be missing in the paid hunt situation. But as I age I might have the need to let someone else do all that prep for me and would be glad to get a deer that way,but not at this time.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

I am happy you sent them an apology. This has always been a touchy subject and not one to air out with a first timer for sure.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

If somebody wants to hunt in a pen, over bait, over an ag field, over sex lures, with a spear, with a crossbow, with a long bow, with a shotgun, with a rifle, with dogs or any other means of LEGAL hunting, I DON"T CARE as long as it doesn't interfere with my hunting. Just don't try to tell me, or anybody else as far as that goes, how to legally hunt. Is that fair enough?
Old 06-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

Question Canned hunts?

I've never wanted to, or had to. I pretty much tag out every year prior to firearm season.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote=Alltlk4;3813622 Go turn a zoo tiger out in africa. He would not do so well.[/quote]

Yeah, especially since tigers don't live in Africa.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:13 AM
Spike

i have listened to this arguement for alot of years, and both sids have vary valid points.
i know a man that raises deer to sell to high fence ranches, he has a 31/2 yr old deer that scored 256 off of the shed antlers. now this lady coworker and her husband that you are telling about have a chance to go shoot a large deer for ( probably ) nothing. now i haven't taken a poll but i'm pretty dang sure that every HUNTER that i know would jump at the chance to kill a 170 or bigger buck for free,reguardless of how they argue the point of, is it or aint it considered hunting.
hogshooter

Last edited by hogshooter; 06-09-2011 at 04:16 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:18 AM
Typical Buck

very good point hogshooter. I probably wouldn't ever pay for one but I would take an invite in a second.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by superstrutter
Yeah, especially since tigers don't live in Africa.
Mark that down as something I have learned. Should have said Lions or Tigers in China. Well at least we cleared that up.

cc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.