Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sharpshooters

Old 02-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bob H in NH
These guys typically ARE good shots. The one that happened in NH years ago, they took 99 deer with 100 head shots, one deer took two shots.

It's the PC and quick way, to do herd reduction.

Once done, here in NH at least, they allowed hunting to keep it in check.
I know having done LEO sniper work for over 18 yrs that there is a qualification to be able to do this.
When I was working in the Chicago area many years ago, there was some "Under the cloak of darkness" work done on some VERY HIGH DOLLAR, surburbia areas and that one of the qualifications was that you meet was being of sniper quality marksmanship. Many are former military snipers.
I was asked, but declined for I felt it was not me to be out taking animals that are impossing on these peoples property and this was being allowed just because these people were influential, wealthy and were able to have it done it their area. That and the meat was not going to be donated for it was summer time and the meat was going to "spoil too fast" to have any such thing done. I don't know, so I was told. If I can't put it in my freezer or someone elses, I don't need to harvest it unless it is threatening me or my family!!!
I do know that having seen the reports of these type of shooters and seeing their equipment list, its like they were in our work toy box!!!!! They use only the best night vision scopes, silencers, frangeable rounds, CLOSE shots, bolt guns, no brass left behind. Multiple bait piles and they continously move and shoot. VERY EFFECTIVE!!!!!!

Last edited by SecondChance; 02-09-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default It's a problem not caused by Hunters

And a problem best controlled by concentrated night time shootings of sharpshooters.

And it's not hunting; it's pest removal. Pests that are getting hit by vehicles and ruining the local shrubbery. As a hunter, I wouldn't want the job.

Last edited by Valentine; 02-07-2011 at 11:56 AM.