Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Interesting ??

Old 02-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Interesting ??

Thought some of you might find this interesting. Especially you folks north of the Mason Dixon line. I was at my hunting area this weekend pulling out my lock-on stands. Walking out of one of the bottoms, I was headed back to my Ranger with two of my lock-ons stacked on my back. I was making no effort to remain quiet. In fact my blood tracking Dachshund was with me and he was running around all over the place. I heard "running" out in front of me maybe 75 - 100 yards or so. And then I heard grunting. And within 30 seconds or so I was watching a fine racked 10 pt. running the heck out of a mature doe. He was on her hard and came by Mojo and I three different times ...... so for you Yankees, the so called November "peak of the rut" ain't what we got down this way. Even if this is a second estrus for that particular doe that was Jan. 8 +/- or so when she was first in heat.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Spike

whats ur location?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

I'm in North East Ohio and I saw about a 15'' Ten point running a doe two nights ago. Never saw the buck in my area before, but he was definately on that doe.
-Jake
Old 02-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had Buck and Doe's working scrapes up into December,then I had several Doe's back checking the same scrapes into January.Its been a messed up year to say the least? ...here in Missouri!
Old 02-08-2011, 06:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

In South Bama and NW FL I know they will chase them till late April.