Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Heater Body suit???

Old 12-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Typical Buck

Ive thought about looking into these before, but i really dont think i have the exact application for them. They seem good to me, but i do worry about mobilitiy, so i would defiantly want to product test it before i purchased one (try it on), and i see they come in different sizes, so i would try to find one thats not so bulky yet still maunuverable. I also dont want to look like a lollipop when im in a tree. I usually wear layers but i like things like wool, down and pirmloft, things that pack well and i dont need as much. And when i have my down suit on under my wool i have sat on hillside with whipping winds on top of mountain in wyoming while its snowing and stayed fairly warm, granted the idea of extra warmth on my feet is very appealing. Granted hunting whitetails way up north this could be fairly awesome, id buy the Heater suit simply cause its quieter and made in america.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Spike

I have to tell you if you have to use these things(unless you have a medical reason like Cold weather intolerance due to prior over exposure) you should not be an outdoors men stay inside where it is warm and let the real men handle the hard work you guys just get in the way any how. Seriously you gonna carry that to the tree every time it looks stupid. Weather it works is beyond the point. If you need that kind of protection for sitting in a tree for only 4.5 to 5 hrs you just need to go home. There is gear out there that makes bearing the cold tolerable with out buying this stupid looking thing. Muck -40 Boots, Arctic fleece and outer shell along with fleece pants and outer shell matched with Under Armour LVL3 long johns, all that matched with a under Armour cold weather beanie and Under Armour shooting gloves with military wool inserts and you'll do just fine i know i do great i am hot during 15 degree weather wind or no wind rain or no rain snow or no snow and i can still move and operate my weapon of choice weather it be a bow of a gun without unzipping a stupid cumber sum body bag. The only time your goin get me into a body bag like those is when i Die.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SavageArms
I have to tell you if you have to use these things(unless you have a medical reason like Cold weather intolerance due to prior over exposure) you should not be an outdoors men stay inside where it is warm and let the real men handle the hard work you guys just get in the way any how. Seriously you gonna carry that to the tree every time it looks stupid. Weather it works is beyond the point. If you need that kind of protection for sitting in a tree for only 4.5 to 5 hrs you just need to go home. There is gear out there that makes bearing the cold tolerable with out buying this stupid looking thing. Muck -40 Boots, Arctic fleece and outer shell along with fleece pants and outer shell matched with Under Armour LVL3 long johns, all that matched with a under Armour cold weather beanie and Under Armour shooting gloves with military wool inserts and you'll do just fine i know i do great i am hot during 15 degree weather wind or no wind rain or no rain snow or no snow and i can still move and operate my weapon of choice weather it be a bow of a gun without unzipping a stupid cumber sum body bag. The only time your goin get me into a body bag like those is when i Die.

LOL so what you're saying is, unless people use exactly the setup you wear when hunting, they shouldn't go or should stay inside? geez get over yourself. How can you guarantee that people will do 'just fine' with your setup? you cant, and its beyond the point anyways, people asked are they worth it, not what you think of those people who use them
Old 12-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

SavageArms - wow, a real man - with the opinions of a fool.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:58 PM
Spike

Easy guys i am just saying what is the point in wearing more than is needed to get the job done, no need to walk out in the woods to take a nap in the "Heater suit" you can do that in the warmth of your bedroom.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Spike

I've had the Heater Body Suit for maybe 10 years. It is one of the best purchases I've made.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

I have a warmbag and love it. I got it specifically so I didn't have to bundle up like the Michelin man to hunt. I have worn just basic 6 pocket pants and a LS t-shirt with a chamois shirt on top all season and been plenty warm. It is windproof and waterproof. So for the $200 I spent on my warmbag I have saved tons of money over buying many layers and a rainsuit too. Don't knock it till you've tried it!
Old 12-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

How does the HBS perform when wet? does it just soak up the rain and snow and become very heavy? does it continue to provide the insulation?
Old 12-17-2010, 04:15 AM
Fork Horn

If you check out the web site and watch the video's, it will answer most of your questions.
Their guarantee..."use it for the season, if you don't like it, send it back".
Old 01-28-2011, 06:32 AM
Spike

heater body suit is your best bet, i've had mine for 2 years now and just love it. i never have to worry about how many layers to pack on, i'm not sweating on my walk in and later freezing. it might sound like a lot of money up front, but it'll save you money in the long run!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.