Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Heater Body suit???

Old 12-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default Heater Body suit???

Are these things worth the $300 you pay for them???I was thinking about getting some of your opinions on them.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

$350 at the local places (archery shops, gander, etc.) yes theyre warm, but keep in mind theyre glorified sleeping bags... What if you could get one thats virtually the same thing (small differences) for Much less. Im curious as to how many people would be interested in a much cheaper, similar rendition??
Old 12-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

Purchased one this year. Wore it for archery, gun and Muzzleloader seasons (Oct-Dec). Simply the best investment I've made in hunting equipment. No, it is not a glorified sleeping bag. My opinion it is well designed product and worth the money.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by johnnyo
Purchased one this year. Wore it for archery, gun and Muzzleloader seasons (Oct-Dec). Simply the best investment I've made in hunting equipment. No, it is not a glorified sleeping bag. My opinion it is well designed product and worth the money.
Okay, this begs the question; how does it differ from a sleeping bag with legs sewn into it?
Old 12-10-2010, 06:13 AM
Spike

I used my dads when I went to Iowa last year and it was so awesome. It is the best piece of insulated hunting wear I have ever used. The next time I get any kind of insulated hunting wear I will get either the body heater suit or the warmbag. You don't have to put near as many layers on and it rolls up and you can carry it on your back or your stand like I did. Here is the link to the Warmbag. Basically the same, but cheaper. http://www.thewarmbag.com/Default.asp?Redirected=Y
Old 12-10-2010, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

I'm definetly going to invest in one next year. I'm tired of putting on 6-layers of clothes and feeling like an eskimo and still freezing my butt off. If it means staying warm in the harshest of weather conditions it's well the money. Only draw back to the heater body suit that I see is trying to get the body suit un-zipped and pulling up the gun when that deer walks into my area. The other drawback that I see is something else I have to carry into the woods. What about hunter orange? You going to attach a vest to the body suit with clothes pins?
Old 12-12-2010, 03:34 PM
khh
Spike

Default warmbag

I hunted Saskatchewan the week of thanksgiving -29C = -20 F really cold. Three guys in camp had Warm bags I had a body heater suit . The body heater suit is a friend of mine's , I've borrowed it 3 times to go up there but I never use it and I didn't this time either. It's to hard for me to get into, the stands are small and I can't get my feet in . My friend doesn't wear boots in it . He pulls the felts out of his boots and puts on boot blankets with chemical mix hand warmers in each foot. At -20 you still have a lot of clothes on under it. The guy's with the warm bags did fine. I had a chance to try one during the week it was much much easier to get in and out of. As soon as I got home I ordered one in grizzly size by ordering it extra big on me , I can use it just like a body heater suit . That is to say I can zip open the front or use the arm holes . It was a way better choice for me. A couple observations on the two suits.

The body heater suit:
PROS. quieter , made in the USA and I suspect warmer.
CONS. Bulkier , heavier , harder to get in and out of, not water proof , price $350.00 .

The Warm bag:
PROS. packs easier , much much easier to get into and out of , water proof , wind proof , can be used either with or without the arm holes if you buy it big enough . Price $250.00 (I got mine for $244.00 shipped.)
CONS. nosier, especially when it's really cold , made in China .

Now having said all that I have never hunted with a bow out of the warm bag so I can't say for sure I could shoot my bow with the arm hole as big as I bought the bag . I just think I can . Mine was bought for hunting Saskatchewan I know I can shoot either way with my rifle. Good hunting. KH
Old 12-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been thinking about getting one or possibly making one from a sleeping bag.
I'm cheap like that. Not sure what features are best on them . there are a few out there that are similiar. Heater body suit , warm bag , there is a parka/ bag from IWOM , and infreno or something like that
i'd be interested to see what parts of these people like or don't like
Old 12-13-2010, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

I looks like the body heater suit would be easier to make a shot with (bow or rifle)...

http://www.heaterbodysuit.com/videos..._7_2_2010.html
Old 12-13-2010, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you need a heated body suit in 'Bama. You freeze to death here just going out to start the truck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.