Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
The things people take for Granted! >

The things people take for Granted!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The things people take for Granted!

Old 12-05-2010, 04:56 AM
Typical Buck

I completely agree with you. Hunting for most has become a competition of manhood. For those that grew up putting food on the table shot whatever they came across at the time that was legal. Now we have this mentality if your not killing a monster animal every time your not worth your salt. Some people have great area's and habitat that will raise nice sized deer and others just get to hunt what ever is available to them at the time. And there's always the luck factor that just happens from time to time.

For a dad to harass a young man for shooting a legal deer because it wasn't big enough is just sick. What a philosophy of heritage to teach the young upcoming hunters. What happened to putting food on the table and game management? Teddy would have hung his head on that one.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

My most favorite buck was a modest 5-pt I shot out of my dad's blind two weeks to the day after he died. I have the horns mounted on a plaque that says "dad's buck."

I also agree that the best-tasting deer are the younger deer. I don't shoot fawns of course, but just saying. I'll gladly shoot a doe or two, no problem. But I won't pass on a small buck, either.

You want to do that? Great! Live and let live.

The trouble is more and more we're starting to see laws where a minority of antler hunters are lobbying for restrictions for all of us.

I'm also encouraged by this thread in that there appears to a lot of others out there who think like I do. For awhile there I thought I was going to lose my mind! Maybe there is hope for us yet.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

A person shouldn't get so upset over getting a Deer...and the guy that shot the Deer shouldn't be shooting a Deer that someone else says it a BIG Deer...they need to verify the size of the Deer when looking thru their scope!....Guess You can rib them for shooting small Deer now?
Old 12-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I was in your position, I'd not have a soon to be fiancee only an ex soon to be fiancee.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

Haha, Ya. I hear ya on that Hometheaterman.

Im glad I posted this because I see everyone aint out for the Ole Monster. If you can take him and get the chance more power to you, But Im glad people will settle to put food on there table when needed. I was raised, Don't shoot Fawns! Or a Momma deer. If the horns are more than 6 inches you can shoot it son!

We were all about feeding the family as I grown up somewhat poor.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would seriously consider your choice on rushing in to get married at both your young ages. Sounds like you two don't see eye to eye on everything just yet. Just a friendly word of advice from someone who got married at a young age.

Who gives a rip about a rack. Personally, yeah, I don't shoot immature deer. That doesn't mean I care what someone else shoots. Doesn't bother me at all. I have been fortunate to take 2 P&Y bucks in my lifetime. It's just my own personal choice on what I shoot. Take whatever makes you happy in my book.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Spike

Let me just say, thank you for defending this country in the sandbox, my family and I appreciate it so much.
If they are not happy with the deer they can send it to me, it all tastes the same anyway. Trophy is what you make it and the feeling you get when you finally kneel down beside the animal. Some people just don't understand, but in a way you gotta feel sorry for them.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dpj1030
Haha, Ya. I hear ya on that Hometheaterman.

Im glad I posted this because I see everyone aint out for the Ole Monster. If you can take him and get the chance more power to you, But Im glad people will settle to put food on there table when needed. I was raised, Don't shoot Fawns! Or a Momma deer. If the horns are more than 6 inches you can shoot it son!
Yea, I'm more out to hunt for the meat and so I can put food on the table. If I can kill a big buck, it's great, but if not I'm happy with small ones too. I've lucked out a couple of times and had nice bucks come out to me, but I wasn't really out hunting them. I was out hunting anything since it was a doe day too both times.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Spike

Man good luck livin with that family. Thats too bad they are so hung up o that junk. Get home soon and safely!
Old 12-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Remy25
Let me just say, thank you for defending this country in the sandbox, my family and I appreciate it so much.
If they are not happy with the deer they can send it to me, it all tastes the same anyway. Trophy is what you make it and the feeling you get when you finally kneel down beside the animal. Some people just don't understand, but in a way you gotta feel sorry for them.
Thanks so much and your so true!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.