Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

pisses me off

Old 11-24-2010, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

Your doing it wrong.

$$$$ talks.

You offer the owner 1/2 the meat, and I'm sure he'll agree.

or you offer him $50, and I'm sure he'll agree even faster.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by the blur
Your doing it wrong.
$$$$ talks.
Wrong.... your obviously not a landowner. Money, meat and labor are offered up for hunting priveledges, not for permission to recover a deer. Because now, its dead and on my property, all I have to do is say no and go recover it myself.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

and that is because you are a hunter.

a non-hunter is NOT going to gut and drag a deer over to a butcher.

So any other land owner may want money or meat.
You can't speak for the 99% of non-hunters.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alex - exactly the way it should be done!!!
Old 11-24-2010, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

and that is because you are a hunter.
a non-hunter is NOT going to gut and drag a deer over to a butcher.
So any other land owner may want money or meat.
You can't speak for the 99% of non-hunters.
your absolutely correct, I can't but IF I was a non-hunter and you didnt approach me during the off season as I wrote before and you just show up and offer me $$ or meat, I'll still say no, and call up someone that I know does hunt and say, hey buddy... come get this deer.

We can go on and on about this... I'm done and have made my point.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks SteveBNy
Old 11-24-2010, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

Your doing it wrong.

$$$$ talks.

Heh. $50...woo-hoo!

Seriously, compared to the taxes we pay, head-aches from trespassers, etc...meat and/or $50 means nothing. What matters more is respect and a grateful attitude from those that request permission to enter our land. A lot of the people responding to this thread come at it with the attitude that they'll go through the pretense of asking for permission, but the intention of entering the property either way. That attitude is why a lot of land owners are such sticklers.

They paid thousands of dollars to purchase the land, they maintain it, they pay taxes on it. Therefore it's their right to do wtf they want to re: permission...including being a royal A-hole and not letting anyone on if they so choose.

Attitude is everything.

Real life case in point: we have three neighbors near our hunting property. Two are totally stand-up guys, nice to talk to, and very honest and respectful. The third owner is a group of know-it-all disrespectful A-holes that have no respect for others' boundaries. They have been caught trespassing, breaking into camps, stealing, etc. Guess who gets permission to enter and retrieve their game in the off-chance it crosses our line?
Old 11-24-2010, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Alex G.
your absolutely correct, I can't but IF I was a non-hunter and you didnt approach me during the off season as I wrote before and you just show up and offer me $$ or meat, I'll still say no, and call up someone that I know does hunt and say, hey buddy... come get this deer.

We can go on and on about this... I'm done and have made my point.

This here is the attitude of 98% of the land owners here in the state of Illinois thats why I wouldnt even bother asking I would have went in at dark and got the deer,I grew up here in a town of population 90 there is one family of farmers that own all the land for that surrounds this small town and the river runs on one side,I never trespassed on there land until I was about 13 I was fishing at the river which is owned by the state and one of these farmers said I couldn't be there,after that it was all a game for me I hunted there land for over 9 years with out ever getting caught,there was times I would be sitting on the ground deer hunting and one of there outfitters was less then 15 feet away from me picking white mushrooms off the trees never did see me I still look back and laugh about that today,I had a lot of good times,and don't regret it a bit,I wouldn't enter there yard or there home but the timber I would not hesitate I don't think anyone should have the rights to tell someone they can or cant use what god gave all of us,I was young and I wanted to hunt and they owned every tree in sight it was an easy decision for me and evidently someone up above was with me through all them years because I had some close calls where it seemed like there would be no way I could get out with out being seen,cant count the time people would almost be stepping on me but every time I made it.I am older now and don't do it anymore but as far as any regrets I don't hold any I had a lot of fun enjoying the natural world and I learned a lot.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by UPHunter08
Heh. $50...woo-hoo!

Seriously, compared to the taxes we pay, head-aches from trespassers, etc...meat and/or $50 means nothing. What matters more is respect and a grateful attitude from those that request permission to enter our land. A lot of the people responding to this thread come at it with the attitude that they'll go through the pretense of asking for permission, but the intention of entering the property either way. That attitude is why a lot of land owners are such sticklers.

They paid thousands of dollars to purchase the land, they maintain it, they pay taxes on it. Therefore it's their right to do wtf they want to re: permission...including being a royal A-hole and not letting anyone on if they so choose.

Attitude is everything.

Real life case in point: we have three neighbors near our hunting property. Two are totally stand-up guys, nice to talk to, and very honest and respectful. The third owner is a group of know-it-all disrespectful A-holes that have no respect for others' boundaries. They have been caught trespassing, breaking into camps, stealing, etc. Guess who gets permission to enter and retrieve their game in the off-chance it crosses our line?
DITTO!
I have NO problem with someone asking prior permission,but will still only grant it when needed,I have been burnt by granting permission for recovery before!
We're talking about public land hear,and I sure don't want every public land hunter knocking on my door asking if they can recover IF it happens,ask me WHEN the time comes and I"ll help you.
If you are my neighbor/owner or leassor,then yes prior permission is the respectful thing to do!
Old 11-24-2010, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery
This here is the attitude of 98% of the land owners here in the state of Illinois thats why I wouldnt even bother asking I would have went in at dark and got the deer,I grew up here in a town of population 90 there is one family of farmers that own all the land for that surrounds this small town and the river runs on one side,I never trespassed on there land until I was about 13 I was fishing at the river which is owned by the state and one of these farmers said I couldn't be there,after that it was all a game for me I hunted there land for over 9 years with out ever getting caught,there was times I would be sitting on the ground deer hunting and one of there outfitters was less then 15 feet away from me picking white mushrooms off the trees never did see me I still look back and laugh about that today,I had a lot of good times,and don't regret it a bit,I wouldn't enter there yard or there home but the timber I would not hesitate I don't think anyone should have the rights to tell someone they can or cant use what god gave all of us,I was young and I wanted to hunt and they owned every tree in sight it was an easy decision for me and evidently someone up above was with me through all them years because I had some close calls where it seemed like there would be no way I could get out with out being seen,cant count the time people would almost be stepping on me but every time I made it.I am older now and don't do it anymore but as far as any regrets I don't hold any I had a lot of fun enjoying the natural world and I learned a lot.
That's a really crappy attitude. Obviously it's all about you, the rights of others be damned. Jeeze.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.