Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
So how would this make you feel.... >

So how would this make you feel....

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

So how would this make you feel....

Old 11-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default So how would this make you feel....

So I still go to school and all so im not able to hunt in the mornings except on weekend. I hunt on privet property thats split by a road. On one side of the road the property backs rite up to a national forest so its a really good spot but to many people were hunting it at the beginning of the season, so i decided to go on the other side of the street since no one ever hunts it. That side of the property is mainly a huge field with about knee to chest high brush that the deer bed down in. Theres a nice path that runs threw the middle of the field. On one side of the field theres a small set of woods and on the other side theres a pine tree field, Behind is a very Large Bean field of something thats not part of the property.

So anyway, the 1st day i went back there to scout it out i would Massive rubs and scrapes in the woods, i didnt tell anyone and i knew no one knows bout it. So after a week of hunting i finally saw the buck that left them. He was a very massive, very white 10 point. Id say he was around 4 1/2 years old. He was about 90 yards infront of me. I would see him a few days in a row then not all all. Anyway i had him all patterned out. Then tonight was the best the weather could ever get! got down in the mid 20s, wind goin rite in my face from where the buck would be coming from, i knew he moved late in the Morning and then back late at night, I was all set. Waited and waited and waited.... didnt even see a doe... so it was 7:30 and i packed up and left, Got to my truck and pulled out, then my uncle drove by and we stoped and talked a bit (he hunts on the other side of the road), Then he tells me " Ya a guy sat back there in ur spot, along the path this afternoon"... and then i knew wat he was guna say... my heart droped... then he says "The guy killed a huge 10 point!", I looked at him and was just like wow......

So anyway, To shorten up the story....
I find a once in a life time buck (for me at least), I get him all patterned out, then a guy that has never hunted over there, Sits in my spot, dosnt know anything about the deer in that area, And kills the buck that i have been working so hard for all season long.

Sorry to vent but just had to get it out of me.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

One mans pain, is another mans fortune......or something like that. Hate it for ya though. Happens every rut for me, someone gets the buck I've been after, but the flip side to the coin is I get someones buck aswell with all the traveling they do.
Karma has a way of coming around, you'll get your hog soon enough!
Old 11-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know it sucks but theres nothing you can do about it. No need to worry over what you cant control.
It just wasnt meant to be for you to get him. Look at it like this ....your buck is still out there.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

ya it just really ticks me off wen I work my butt off and then somrone comes in for the first time, one day only, dosnt do anything and kills the deer I worked all season for
Old 11-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by blueahlijr
ya it just really ticks me off wen I work my butt off and then somrone comes in for the first time, one day only, dosnt do anything and kills the deer I worked all season for
Sometimes it's better to stay put! Hope you get the next big one.
Live it up! Doug
Old 11-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Man that sucks.

I kind of pulled that on someone last year though. Out at my buddies property on the back side of their long narrow 40, there is a little bit of woods that butts up against some private land and a lot of public. Well they had cut trails in there all summer long and hung stands, well I had been bow hunting on the field about 400 yards away from there.

They had my 8 on trail cam late summer and all fall, then bam one night I got him. Now the flip side of it is that the guy who had been cutting the trails was hunting out there for his first year... where as I've been hunting there for 8 years.

Man was he PO! But two things that make me feel better about it is 1) Last year I hunted that property HARD and 2) I wasn't hunting near anything he had done, I was hunting where I had always hunted, right on the edge of the field and well like I said, I've been hunting out there for quite a few years now.

He seems to think he owns the dang land... which the owners son (one of my best buds) told me that if he thinks that he's going to force me off their land he's got another thing coming... but he said it... not quite so nice.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

there is a reason that deer was there and I'd just about bet another 1 will move in and take its place
Old 11-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Oldshedhunter.
Id get right back after it. Another will come along.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:58 AM
Fork Horn

Ya I wasn't planning on stoping. I'll just have to hunt a lil harder now. And WI bow hunter. I wouldn't be mad over that. Ur a veteran hunter of that property, u didnt hunt that guys spots like the guy here did. The guy here saw where iv had my blind set up(cuz its a cleared out squar spot) and sat there.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

That stinks but how do you know the guy didn't pattern the deer too, "If" and if I would ever hunt public I would check human sign more then deer sign. To me that would be more important. And if the buck was moving late morning what are you doing getting out of your stand at 730?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.