HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So how would this make you feel....
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 07:25 PM
WI Bow Hunter
Fork Horn

Man that sucks.

I kind of pulled that on someone last year though. Out at my buddies property on the back side of their long narrow 40, there is a little bit of woods that butts up against some private land and a lot of public. Well they had cut trails in there all summer long and hung stands, well I had been bow hunting on the field about 400 yards away from there.

They had my 8 on trail cam late summer and all fall, then bam one night I got him. Now the flip side of it is that the guy who had been cutting the trails was hunting out there for his first year... where as I've been hunting there for 8 years.

Man was he PO! But two things that make me feel better about it is 1) Last year I hunted that property HARD and 2) I wasn't hunting near anything he had done, I was hunting where I had always hunted, right on the edge of the field and well like I said, I've been hunting out there for quite a few years now.

He seems to think he owns the dang land... which the owners son (one of my best buds) told me that if he thinks that he's going to force me off their land he's got another thing coming... but he said it... not quite so nice.