Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
So how would this make you feel.... >

So how would this make you feel....

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

So how would this make you feel....

Old 11-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
That stinks but how do you know the guy didn't pattern the deer too, "If" and if I would ever hunt public I would check human sign more then deer sign. To me that would be more important. And if the buck was moving late morning what are you doing getting out of your stand at 730?
I read it as he was on private property.
I believe he is refering to 730 in the evening.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dprsdhunter
I read it as he was on private property.
I believe he is refering to 730 in the evening.
Ahhhh....i read it wrong, thanks
Old 11-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm one of those guys hunting in a spot for the first time this year where another fellow has hunted for 3 years. I promised him I would stay on the other side of the creek and ridge he always hunts from, I may get a deer he would have gotten if I had not come along but we are both guest on land we don't own so he accepts that and he is cool with it. I have tried to help him by leting him use the spots I have placed stands and blinds so he seems to appreciate the generous spirit I have extended to him. If he gets one I have worked for fine if I get one he has worked for fine again,thats how it works sometimes but it can be a good thing as well. Hang in your spot as others have said a 12 may move in next week.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well for the first time out he obviously new where to sit.
Maybe he is very experienced and uses his knowledge maybe not.
I don't know if it was word of mouth, but it could have been. Word of mouth of a big buck in an area spreads really fast..You obviously spent alot of time patterning this bucks every move. I feel sorry for you. I myself spend more time looking at maps and google earth to find natural spots instead of time on field but I must admit I have shot a few big bucks just by word of mouth. The bottem line is animals are anybodies game so long as your legal to tresspass hunt and shoot.I know of animals that I hunted hard for have been shot on me, snd I know I've done to it to others.The good news is, there is always one bigger than that one waiting in the wings.Good luck hope you find another to keep your excitment going again.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 11-06-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Feel bad for ya..This stuff builds character my friend..it's hard to swallow..but this to will come to pass..I share your pain.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

you obviously didnt have him patterened out or u would have him on the wall, sorry though
Old 11-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

Sucks man....but get back in there...I will expect all kinds of bucks to move through your hunting area during rut you never have seen before!
Old 11-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Spike

Some guys have great hunting luck. Others are lucky in life. I seem to be the lucky in life guy. I hunt my butt off butt never get the big one. However i am very lucky to come home to a great wife and kids, house and job that i don't mind going to each day. Some of my buddies shoot some great deer with little to no effort. Some of buddies home life is not the best and would not want to trade places.
Its just a deer and i am sure you will get a big one some day. Try to enjoy the sport as much as possible.

Last edited by skillet01; 11-06-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by dprsdhunter
I agree with Oldshedhunter.
Id get right back after it. Another will come along.
Yeah, me too.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's too bad it happened but it's never going to stop.Don't get frustrated and start skipping school to get one worst mistake you could make.But if you seen it, believe me more hunters and nonhunters, than just you,saw it and know about it.Like I said word of mouth travells fast.You'll turn will come, just be patient.Alot of hunters don't go out and physically scout terrain. They just know migration routes paterns ,movement and study maps from home and go that route. There is advantages doing it this way, one is not affecting the woods with human scent.Your turn will come, there are as big and bigger deer roaming around, just spend the time your able to hunting, and you will get a crack at one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.