Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whitetail Deer Hunting 101.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

As a new hunter I have benefited greatly from those who have hunted for years. Much of what is shared by those who have hunted for years is good info and true at times. But leave room in your thinking for the Deer to act contrary to the norm because they will. For example,I went out on a day when the winds were forcast to be as high as 25 to 30 mph. well they were. Also it was almost 11 am when I decided to call it a morning and come down from my stand. No sooner had I lowered my Bow to the ground the 6 Does I was hunting came right where I thought they would and caught me with no Bow in my hands. They busted me trying to get it back up. Lesson learned,they do move in high wind and late in the morning and I would not be surprised if the reason they were movrng is because someone of something spooked them from where they were beded down. Another practical tip is in regards to releaving yourself while in a tree stand,take a pee bottle with you and make sure it has a large opening you won't pee all over yourself trying to get it done. And lastly if you take a snack with you make sure the wraper or bag you put it in does'nt make a lot of noise when you open it. I remove the labels off my gator aide or water bottles before heading out. Noise control is a must.

Last edited by doetrain; 09-07-2010 at 08:48 AM.