Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scrapes...

Old 09-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sussexhunter
1. unzip your pants
2. pull your pecker out and hold it in hand
3. relax and let her fly
4. shake once or twice
5. quit playing with it and zip your pants back up
don't forget to put pecker back in pant's prior to zipping back up.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

And clear the zipper........

I've urinated in scrapes before and they will continue to work the scrape like another buck had been there....
Old 09-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

Just pissed myself reading this thread and a HUGE buck just crashed through my window.

That's really hard to believe but I did Google it and there are nuts out there that have done the studies.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:01 AM
Fork Horn

hey, I think bottom line here is urine is urine. no it may not be a hot doe, or another buck but deer are curious animals like cats. they can't smell the urine and say oh not that was a hunter, gotta go. as long as we dont' leave our foul smell on branches and frm our boots they have no idea what it is, they just know somethings whizzin on my scrape and I am either gonna mount it or fight it.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

yep urine is urine. Just don't linger - leave as little other scent as you can. In the 100s of pictures I get - sometimes - the deer do seem "alarmed" - but most often they are more concentrating on the scrape and scent. The deer that are alarmed - I think catch other scents I undoubtably leave behind.

The deer don't tear up the scrape like a competitor is there - I think they are more just curious "who's" been by - and they try to figure it out.

Same set of pictures....
This one didn't like what he smelled......or maybe what he saw - seems he found the cam about the same time it found him.

these two seemed to be posturing to each other - I see this type of behavior often on scapes - whether I freshed it or not. Later on - the deer leave enough scent - and I don't add anything.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HardwoodHunter
"It has been found that a deer's sense of smell is about 1000 times better than that of a human."

"In a study of how whitetails react to buck urine, doe urine, pre-estrus urine, estrus urine, post estrus urine and human urine, the most positive responses were to human urine."

Must be i'm crazy!
So you believe everything you read! You know they caught bigfoot and a human lizard lives in Flordia!!

I can smell all those urines, plus cat urine, skunk urine, fox and yote urine. And my nose is 1000 times worse then a deer's