Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scrapes...

Old 09-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default Scrapes...

So i've been reading a lot lately on scrapes and one thing that i''ve read that kinda caught my by surprise and interested me was personally urinating on a scrape. I know that after a couple hours deer can't detect weither it was human or deer urine, so maybe that does entice a buck to think another one has claimed territory? I dunno...just a thought..what do you think?
Old 09-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Fork Horn

I certainly would not want to try it in my hunting area. It's hard enough to see deer as it is. I personally think there are certain pheromones that a deer's nose can detect that would help determine man or deer.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, that's why i won't do it on my land....at least yet...I've heard it works, and works well...
Old 09-03-2010, 04:18 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds aweful risky to me, I have heard that as well. But I also know what my p smells like after a couple of cups of coffee! Not good. I for one will continue to p in a bottle and use deer p out of a bottle.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:57 AM
Fork Horn

Wow. Never heard that one....I don't think I am going to experiment...
Old 09-03-2010, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

all urine breaks down into amonia, yet what you eat and drink changes the odor. we don't eat and drink like deer do. the whole point to us workin a scrape is to trick the buck into a hot doe is nearby so he will come back. he is smelling for a peticular odor we can't produce. will it scare a buck no, will it aid in scrape hunting no.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

I made my own scrape before, and freshened it up a couple times throughout the year. It was 10 yards from a guy's stand who was baiting on the private land we shared rights to...which is illegal here.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by StealthHtr22
I made my own scrape before, and freshened it up a couple times throughout the year. It was 10 yards from a guy's stand who was baiting on the private land we shared rights to...which is illegal here.
Did you happen to notice if the buck tore it up or never even came back to it?
Old 09-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by StealthHtr22
I'd be checkin' my 6 o'clock so as not to get tended right there in the deer woods
Old 09-06-2010, 06:27 AM
Typical Buck

I have heard that it is true, human piss works. However I had a neighbor that was messin with me, so one night I went to his double bow blind, which was on my property line, and dumped my urinal all over his blind for good luck. It must have not worked to good in that instance, cuz the blind disapeered soon after.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.