Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ted Nugent Busted

Old 08-19-2010, 06:17 AM
Typical Buck

Does the name NOEL FEATHER ring a bell??? I hate hunting shows for the simple fact that you never know what is done ethically or in violation of the law. To each his own, I choose not to watch.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
Nugent is a nut, but he is one of the few celebrities that will go on any talk show and do his best to stand up for hunter/shooters rights.
+1

I have been following Nuge since the 70's (me being a rock guitar player and all) and think he's a bit over the top, but, in a good way.

I think he was either set up, or just didn't quite understand the crazy laws in California. Either way, he made a mistake and manned up to it. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Now with that being said, I do have a few issues with Ted that go way back:

1968: Ted was with the Amboy Dukes and they released the album and title song "Journey To The Center Of Your Mind", which had water pipes, bongs, and other drug paraphenalia on the album cover. Ted claims that he never did drugs and never got involved with anything like that. Sure Ted... Sure...

Vietnam War: Ted was called up for the draft. But yet before reporting for his physical, he (as legend has it) willed himself to stay unclean and wore the same blue jeans, urinating and defecating inside his jeans for one week straight. He reported to the draft board in that condition, and they were horrified. They considered him a homeless bum and declared him 4F and threw him out. ....SICK!!

1978 marriage: Ted somehow, someway, convinced the parents of a Hawaiian native Pele Massa to let him become her legal guardian. The girl was only like 15 or so! Ted ended up marrying her, which made a lot of news headlines back then. Sheesh, Ted... What were you thinking? The girl was 15!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Draft dodging, high fence hunter with a big mouth and a bad memory. That's how I feel about ol' Uncle Ted.

I got some free tickets to a concert of his a few years back and for whatever reason, I went. That sorry concert is what he really should be arrested for.

You can't be all the things he has been in his life and then stand up for the Second Amendment a little, and all the other bullchit goes away. That's not real life.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:49 AM
Spike

Here is a Poll:
http://poll.fm/263tw

http://forhuntersbyhunters.wordpress.com/

Uncle Ted once said in "Ted White & Blue" that second offense DUI offenders should be executed...
Now Ted is a "bit" radical but c'mon...he isn't accountable.
I think that if Uncle Ted sneezes the wrong way in the woods (commits any infraction) he should loose his hunting privileges forver ,everywhere. There is a growing national registry...add him like a sex offender.
11 counts? What should the penalty for that Ted?
The single biggest offense that he committed was killing for the sake of financial gain. All things aside, he should be banned from the woods. I once really liked the man for the exposure that he has given to the sport but now he is a BIG BLACk EYE!

Last edited by xdamageincx; 08-19-2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

He used to be a heck of a guitar player. Now he's a hypocritical draft-dodging chicken-hawk. This "look at all he's done for hunting and gun-rights" stuff is pure Uncle Ted PR. I think he's done more harm than good. Ted, if you really want to help us then sit down, shut up and play your guitar.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:05 AM
Spike

Default Amen !

A-men Brotha!

Originally Posted by RenaissanceBiker
He used to be a heck of a guitar player. Now he's a hypocritical draft-dodging chicken-hawk. This "look at all he's done for hunting and gun-rights" stuff is pure Uncle Ted PR. I think he's done more harm than good. Ted, if you really want to help us then sit down, shut up and play your guitar.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Posted on NAHC by Shiloh on a similar topic.

"What this post shows as well as all similar posts on these topics is that "ethics" and "morals" regarding hunting are heavily influenced by our own upbringing in the sport/lifestyle. You get guys from PA where their State outlaws anything except flintlocks during muzzleloader season that will rail violently against even a cap-lock muzzleloader, but especially any scoped-in-line muzzlelaoder as somehowe being un-ethical, im-moral, or even a scurge placed pon humanity by Satan himself. You will have a guy in Canada where gun ownership is terribly restricted and semi-autos are outright banned for its subjects rail against any US hunter who would dare use a semi-auto hunting-style rifle for deer hunting. Meanwhile, a guy that hunts the swamps of LA cannot fathom carrying a scoped bolt-action on a deer hunt simply because it is virtually impossible to get a 1-shot kill on a deer in that thick stuff and a scoped bolt-action will prohibit him from even geting into the swamp in the first place. A guy that hunts muleys and elk in MT is used to long-range hunting with high-powered scoped bolt-actions and will scoff at any easterner that would hunt from a tree stand and ambush deer as they walk within 50 yds. Mention "coursing deer" with dogs and probably 75% of hunters will gasp and feint at the thought of it and condemn any "hunter" that they'd hear of doing this to many years in prison and loss of all hunt priviledges for life. But, culturally, this is a legal legitimate very exciting hunting method in some regions still and only doing it once can disuade the non-believers of their prejudices against it.
We are all in the same sport/lifestyle whether in TX or ME, CO, AK or Canada and need to learn to learn about eachother with a more open mind and accept that their are indeed differences. The goals are all the same - kill an animal. Umm, pardon my open honest observation, but what exactly is "ethical and humane" about our end-goal? Yes, we owe it to the game, even ourselves, to make the kill as quick and panless a possible. Yes, we owe it to our lifestyle and eachother to follow the established regional regulations. But, pouncing on another person that is doing something that you have learned based on your own regional and cultural differences is un-ethical gets nothing accomploished except to divide our already persecuted side of the debate in the face of our many enemies. It is better to step back before posting something attacking or questioning someone else's methods and just pose the statement you want to make more of a question to try to learn about it more."

Really, a lesson for ALL OF US going forward IMO !
Old 08-19-2010, 08:40 AM
Spike

Ethics- exactly right.
It doesn't matter where you are from - he broke the law- nothing more complicated than that.
Most importantly- he broke the game code and killed for profit (his show). In my book it doesn't matter what is an accepted hunting tactic as long as you follow the rules.
You missed:
Cheating (making it easier in his area than what other must abide by
Stealing - a deer 'nuff said
Killing for financial game
Ignoring the game code where he was hunting- with multiple offenses.
It isn't about baiting at all. It is very clear to me.

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Posted on NAHC by Shiloh on a similar topic.

"What this post shows as well as all similar posts on these topics is that "ethics" and "morals" regarding hunting are heavily influenced by our own upbringing in the sport/lifestyle. You get guys from PA where their State outlaws anything except flintlocks during muzzleloader season that will rail violently against even a cap-lock muzzleloader, but especially any scoped-in-line muzzlelaoder as somehowe being un-ethical, im-moral, or even a scurge placed pon humanity by Satan himself. You will have a guy in Canada where gun ownership is terribly restricted and semi-autos are outright banned for its subjects rail against any US hunter who would dare use a semi-auto hunting-style rifle for deer hunting. Meanwhile, a guy that hunts the swamps of LA cannot fathom carrying a scoped bolt-action on a deer hunt simply because it is virtually impossible to get a 1-shot kill on a deer in that thick stuff and a scoped bolt-action will prohibit him from even geting into the swamp in the first place. A guy that hunts muleys and elk in MT is used to long-range hunting with high-powered scoped bolt-actions and will scoff at any easterner that would hunt from a tree stand and ambush deer as they walk within 50 yds. Mention "coursing deer" with dogs and probably 75% of hunters will gasp and feint at the thought of it and condemn any "hunter" that they'd hear of doing this to many years in prison and loss of all hunt priviledges for life. But, culturally, this is a legal legitimate very exciting hunting method in some regions still and only doing it once can disuade the non-believers of their prejudices against it.
We are all in the same sport/lifestyle whether in TX or ME, CO, AK or Canada and need to learn to learn about eachother with a more open mind and accept that their are indeed differences. The goals are all the same - kill an animal. Umm, pardon my open honest observation, but what exactly is "ethical and humane" about our end-goal? Yes, we owe it to the game, even ourselves, to make the kill as quick and panless a possible. Yes, we owe it to our lifestyle and eachother to follow the established regional regulations. But, pouncing on another person that is doing something that you have learned based on your own regional and cultural differences is un-ethical gets nothing accomploished except to divide our already persecuted side of the debate in the face of our many enemies. It is better to step back before posting something attacking or questioning someone else's methods and just pose the statement you want to make more of a question to try to learn about it more."

Really, a lesson for ALL OF US going forward IMO !
Old 08-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mohunter09
Feel free to disagree but I think that Ted Nugent is a very strange and twisted person and I personally cannot watch his show or listen to him rant on about some twisted conspiracy theory without turning the channel. The dude is a wack job.
same feeling here.he acts like he is on drugs.........
Old 08-19-2010, 08:59 AM
bigcountry

You know I never have been a Ted fan. He did play one of the most memorable guitar riffs in history however.

That said, I guess it doesn't matter too much if the older >40 crowd likes him. What matters is kids love em. They love his BS talk and in your face attitude and PR. And like it or not, and most of us probably won't, but kids are the future. I think too many don't realize or can't understand this concept.

What cracks me up about forums like these, is all the sudden everybody get holyidious I call it. People have such mob mentalities and ready to pick up stones at a moments notice. When most likely most on this thread has done much worse. Maybe leaned a loaded gun on the side of thier car while getting ready. Possibly didn't unload thier ML when they put it back in the car. Possibly speeded while having rifles and ML in thier car when going hunting. Or even worse, shined thier lights in a field seeing a big buck, possibly accidently at first, but stopped and backed up to see the deer. I bet some might has even trespassed.

Last edited by bigcountry; 08-19-2010 at 09:05 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.