Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ted Nugent Busted

Old 08-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

In my mind that illegal action is a kin to poaching. Sorry Ted, you screwed the pooch.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

C'mere Deer advertises itself as an 'attactant' and not a bait. But it really is up to local law to define what is considered a bait. Maybe in some cases even salt/mineral licks are considered bait. But Uncle Ted has always made it clear that he has no problem with placing apples or corn as bait, even on his shows.

I like Ted despite his being so radical. We need folks like him to offset the radicals on the other end of the spectrum, like Sea Shepherd and PETA. He's on tour right now and I'm sure it's not worth his time to contest and make a big public case out of it. I'll continue to watch him every now and then and hope he gets a new catch phrase soon.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

How is C'mere Deer considered bait? How is it any different than using Tinks?

IF it is illegal where he's hunting, then pay the fine and do the time. I am a huge fan of Uncle Ted but we all live and die by the sword.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Com on Ted... U aint gotta do that... You got more money and more time than most people... Try doin it the right way once in awhile lol
Old 08-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

c'mere deer is just minerals..if minerals are classified as bait in your area, then its bait..just like a salt lick...

could be the game warden was watchin yall, and saw yall discarding pecans and thought yall were just tryin to get one over on him and decided it was lesson time. some game wardens are sticklers, some not so much..maybe he got in a fight with his ol lady before he went to work.

it is what it is, an infraction, pay the fine, learn from your mistakes, thats what hunting is about.
as far as poaching goes..he would of been arrested, guns and cars seized....booked and finger printed..released on OR or bond, with a court date pending...it was an infraction, minor offense...certainly not poaching imo
Old 08-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Typical Buck

No matter what he does/did he is still a hunting hero in my book. He has done nothing but good for the hunting community. Very active and a very well spoken man. He has a wild character but an intelegent outlook and knows how to present his ideas. I don't care if he used that stupid crap or not, the man has done more for the hunting than anyone else in the world. Hands down an oustanding member in our hunting community.. No matter what anyone says.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

Could also be a way of a Game Warden trying to make a name for himself. How many others can say they wrote Uncle Ted a ticket?
Old 08-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Spike

Even Uncle Ted can make a mistake
but he should have read the rules and regulation before going hunting in a sate that he did not live in every year the rules change you should all ways read the booklet you get when picking up your hunting tags to make shore you know the law if you don't get a book New York has theres on line now.not shore of any other state
Papabear
Old 08-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Spike

Well if Ted does work to the laws changed there, I hope he comes to Mo to help change them here next.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Ok my take on this is its illegal what he did. According to the news report he had 11 counts against and they settled for 2. For one not properly signing your hunting tag. Come on thats the first thing I do after I purchase my out of state tags. Then shooting an immature buck thats not legal. Come on know the laws of the state your hunting. We hunters need to know the law and abide by law, whether we like it or not. What Ted did was wrong. I mean come on he was sheriff in the county he lives in and a spokesperson for the NRA. Shame on Ted. Thats a black eye to the hunting community.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.