Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ted Nugent Busted

Old 08-18-2010, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default Ted Nugent Busted

The Motor City Madman just got fined $1750 for shooting a deer that he baited with C'mereDeer. Opinions ???
Old 08-18-2010, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

I would like a little more info, like maybe a link to your information. It is no secret how uncle Ted feels about hunting over bait where legal. Watch this! People might want to listen to the part about wasting our time trying to ban each others methods of hunting which is actually helping the anti hunters by not being united ourselves here in the hunting community. But nobody is perfect. My thoughts are if he did it where it was not legal then he should pay a fine and then work with the DNR to get the law changed if he wants to hunt over bait.
Live it up! Doug

Last edited by kswild; 08-18-2010 at 10:46 AM. Reason: wording
Old 08-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-deer-shot-tv/

I always thought C'mereDeer was more of a scent, like doe urine. I don't know - I've never used it. Isn't it a powder?

Last edited by richwrench; 08-18-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:29 AM
bigcountry

I never thought of cmeredeer as bait. I wouldn't bait or buy cmeredeer, but never thought it was baiting to use it. Or tinks.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by richwrench
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-deer-shot-tv/

I always thought C'mereDeer was more of a scent, like doe urine. I don't know - I've never used it. Isn't it a powder?
richwrench thanks for the link. If people are watching uncle Ted to see fair chase hunting your watching the wrong guy. Most, not all, but most hunting shows are canned now days IMO with very few exceptions. Bad judgment call on his part maybe. Really can't comment not knowing more details.
Live it up! Doug
Old 08-18-2010, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really couldn't care. I always watch Hank Parker hunting over C'Mere Deer and all the shows in Texas are over corn-laden senderos.

I don't know if he thought he was baiting or not. Ignorance is not an excuse and he got popped. He pays his fine and hopefully learns a lesson.

Other than that, not too big a deal to me.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

The most unusual baiting ticket I have ever heard of happened to a friend of mine. About three years ago he had a small lease in south Alabama with 4 food plots on it. One afternoon he was carrying a friend in to one of his stands for an afternoon of hunting. In his truck there was a small sack of pecans in the floorboard so he poured a handful in his jacket pocket. Walking in the woods he cracked a few pecans, most of them were rancid and he discarded them as he walked. His friend got in the stand and in a couple of hours the game warden walked to the stand and wrote him a ticket for hunting over bait, the pecan hulls and the rancid ones he threw out.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Spike

he's just another high fence poacher in my book now...
Old 08-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
The most unusual baiting ticket I have ever heard of happened to a friend of mine. About three years ago he had a small lease in south Alabama with 4 food plots on it. One afternoon he was carrying a friend in to one of his stands for an afternoon of hunting. In his truck there was a small sack of pecans in the floorboard so he poured a handful in his jacket pocket. Walking in the woods he cracked a few pecans, most of them were rancid and he discarded them as he walked. His friend got in the stand and in a couple of hours the game warden walked to the stand and wrote him a ticket for hunting over bait, the pecan hulls and the rancid ones he threw out.
Surely he fought an won that ticket. He wasn't hunting OVER anything. Makes you wonder where the game warden was!!! Unbelievable.
Live it up! Doug
Old 08-18-2010, 10:00 AM
Spike

Ironic for I just finished watching the Best of Spirit of the Wild w/The Nuge DVD. Such a wild, wild guy.

If it is the law, it is the law. He should just pay the fine and like someone above said, go through the proper channels to attempt to change the law if it is that much of a problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.