Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Got My Illinois Buck Back Today >

Got My Illinois Buck Back Today

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got My Illinois Buck Back Today

Old 08-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just measure it yourself.

If you list the length of the main beams, the length of the tines and the inside spread, lots of folks could give you a real close guess. If you want the exact number, post up the circumferences as well.

Actually, you can enter the measurements into a score calculator on the B&C website and it will tally the score for you.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome mount!! He is a great deer no matter what he scores. Congrats!!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

i would definitely say that this ol boy is bigger than the 130 inch mark...closer to 140 id say
Old 08-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

Nice lookin buck. Who did you hunt with in Brown County?
Old 08-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Myself and a friend have a small semi-guided service with nearly 2500 acres, south of Mt. Sterling, not far from Illinois Connections. Matter of fact, Doug leases from us some lands for bow hunting only, those lands we get back for gun hunting. After this season we will have roughly another 900 plus acres to lease, 700 plus acres in Brown County, and 250 acres in Pike County. We keep it very small, we don't advertise, we use word of mouth and mostly hunters from my home state of NJ, but it seems just the same guys every year. This year I won't be out there, family issues, but I will be there this time next year hanging stands, and getting ready for the 2011 season. The Pike County farm is being leased by an outfitter for himself, I have no idea who he is, the land owner next door wants to lease it as well, (this tells me there is something special in those woods and fields) but the owner who owns all the lands we have has become very good friends, almost like family, so I have no fear of losing any of the lands.